Sketches and Smiles // B.B [BLURB]

There was very little noise in the drawing room of My Cottage. Graphite sketched along paper, and fingers turned the pages in a book. There was no need for conversation; there wasn't a lot to say for the couple anyway and that was how it was preferred.

Pausing your reading momentarily, you glance towards your husband.

Benedict sits just to the left of you, underneath one of the many windows in the room in order to get the best light for his sketching. His leg is propped up on the arm of the chair; his foot winging aimlessly as he focuses wholly on his sketch. Benedict's tongue pokes out of his mouth as he arches his beck, trying to get the best angle for his sketch.

Without even realising it, a loving smile makes it ways across your face, in awe of the man you married.

"Stop smiling at me. I can't think straight when you smile at me," Benedict laughs, his bright blue eyes shining with the happiness he so strongly feels.

"You're a sap, Mr. Bridgerton," You tease, focusing all your attention on the man in the chair next to you.

"As I recall," Benedict drawls, holding up his left hand for you to see the golden band resting on his finger, "I'm forever a sap for you."

The very sight of his wedding ring; an exact match to yours has you biting your lip to keep the laugh of glee from leaving your lips.

"Don't bite your lip," Benedict chides; his voice growing husky, "You know what it does."

"Perhaps," You whisper, "That is why I must bite my lip."

Benedict abandons his sketch, prowling towards you. "What are you insinuating, Mrs. Bridgerton?"

"Nothing," You giggle. "Nothing at all," You promise, your teeth sinking into your bottom lip.

Pinning you to the chaise-lounge, Benedict leans forward, meeting your chest with his. "Bite your lip once more. I dare you," He breathes, his breath fanning over your already sensitive skin.

You wriggle underneath your husband, relishing in the sharp gasp that leaves his lips when your hips brush against just the right spot. Blinking up at your loving husband through your lashes, you dare the very action that would turn the afternoon more fun.

You bite your lip.