Questions and Worries // B.B. [BLURB]

"Stop pretending like everything is fine," Benedict urges, "It isn't and hasn't been for months now."

"I don't know what to do," You whisper, confused at the emotions running through your body as you stared at the man you promised your forever to. How could you come back from this? How did it come to this?

"Do you even still love me?" He asks, his voice quiet but echoing in the silent room.

You hesitate, pleading with your eyes for Benedict to give you a moment. You needed a moment; to think, to clear your head and organise your thoughts from the mess they were currently in.

It looks as if it pains Benedict to allow you the moment, but he nods, averting his gaze so he can blink away the tears that have gathered. His hands clench and unclench as he stands there, helpless to whatever is going on in your head right now.

You watch the man you married; watch him struggle to keep his mouth shut as he lets you have the time to yourself. Where had it gone wrong? Where had this fallen off the rails?

Whilst you didn't know the answers to the countless questions flying through your mind every moment of the day, you were certain of one thing.

"Of course, I still love you," You whisper after having your moment. "That won't ever change."

Something akin to relief crosses Benedict's face; his shoulders sag from the force of the assurance flooding his veins. "What do we do from here?" He asks, his voice shaking as he rushes to your side, needing to hold some part of you, needing that knowledge that you weren't about to leave him.

"I'm not sure," You confess, feeling weaker in yourself that you had in months. Catching Benedict's gaze, you state firmly, "Whatever we do, we do it together."