Chapter Nine

Edited: 8/16/21

"She's just a child!"

Your whole family surrounded you. You were Y/n the princess of Daemos, and you no longer felt like a child. You lived a wild love while training at an assassin camp, while actively trying to save two worlds. You may have no even been sixteen yet, but you felt like no child.

You gripped your hand tightly on the arm of the soldier who held you."

"Send her through." Those words sent a pang of anxiety and regret through your chest. You had to see him again, at least one more time before you left.

You regretted not saying anything.

"Wait! Stop! Father please!" You squirmed and fought against the male who was now about to push you through the portal.

Your father simply waved his hand and left the room with his eldest son Rhal. "She's the only disposable one." Your heart shattered at his words knowing being a female heir was the cause of the rift between you and your father.

"GRANDMA! SAVE ME PLEASE!" The you screeched in terror as you were tossed through the portal.

The ground you landed on was tough, scratching your skin as you laid limp amongst the pavement you were thrown onto.

"I'm sorry...my child." You heard the faint whisper of your grandmother's voice fade away as the portal closed. Tears formed in your eyes as you watched the entrance to your homeland fade into nothingness.

You looked at your hands that appeared to be much smaller than they were in your home land. "Have I...aged backwards?" You questioned noticing the higher pitch of your voice.

On Daemos you lived almost sixteen moon cycles. You came across a store window and your reflection showed a girl who only lived about twelve. Your hand went up to your face and stroked your own cheek softly. "How strange..."

***
Y/n
"Coffee..." You groaned pitifully as you walked into the kitchen looking like a wreck. You had a long night of tears and inventing to get your mind off your horrid conversation with Leif.

"Princess Y/n have you tasted this marvelous delectable called pizza? It's absolutely exquisite!" Rhys cheered as he walked in with the rest of the boys and Ava.

Leif went directly into another room.

Your heart broke again as you watched him from the corner of your eye. You sighed and looked back up to the Daemos males to continue the conversation you weren't interested in, in the slightest.

"I have tried it," You laughed looking at them, "How come you all are eating pizza so early? Not that I'm opposed to pizza for breakfast...but don't you think it's a little early? Also not very cost effective..." You grunted out at your sister who giggled. Ava still didn't have a job and you figured she pulled out of your cash drawer to pay for the pizza, which pissed you off to think about considering she didn't bring a box back to you.

"Actually our dads paid for it, and it's also 2 pm. I didn't want to wake you because I knew you were up late working. They missed you, but of course understood. Give ol pops a call later okay?" Ava smiled and handed you a small box that Noi had been holding and your eyes glistened happily when you smelt the addicting aroma. You mentally apologized for criticizing her.

"Yeah okay thanks."

The boys dispersed and Ava headed back to her room.

"You two love each other the way humans do." Rhys spoke from behind you as you began to eat your pizza. You snorted even though you were annoying that your peaceful eating was interrupted.

"Well Ava is a human so-"

"She's not who I am talking about."

You gulped down your bite. You were surprised how sharp his tone was.

"He's become irrational, and impulsive. Leif has always been nuts but he's never made a stupid decision. He knows how to use his head. He is a trained assassin after all." Rhys went on. You took in a sharp breath and wondered if this was turning into a warning from the scholar, to not interfere with their mission.

"We don't love each other." You whispered and your heart clenched in protest.

"You can keep telling yourself that Princess, but no one believes you. We may not know much about this world but I am very observant. I've noticed the rash patterns humans reflect. The two of you display those perfectly. Granted I don't know how you two even met each other in the first place but the feelings are clearly there." He rambled on and you grew more frustrated.

"You talk a lot for being my brothers henchman." You grumbled and waved your hand dismissively.

"That's not my official title but whatever makes you fear me the most you can use." He smiled, wickedly.

"I have no fear towards you Rhys." You growled and darkness fell over your eyes as you glared at the male.

"And I have none towards you Princess. I respect you sure, but you've been dead to Daemos for a very long time. Lady Grandma gave me hope. She told me you were out here searching for another way. I hope she was right." He walked off and you slammed your fist against the island you sat at and hissed at the stinging it left.

"Damn whats with all of these tense conversations lately." You pulled at your hair.

"Swear jarrrrrrr!" Ava cheered as she tossed her piggy bank in front of you. Your eyes widened and you resisted the urge to throw your pizza in her face, and placed a dollar in her jar.

This was going to be a long day.