Chapter Five

Edited: 8/15/21
You rolled across the grass giggling as he followed you.
"It's so beautiful out here!" You smiled brightly as you stared up at the sunset. The air was crisp and the trees were painted with the most beautiful red and orange leaves you had ever seen.

"Shit!" Leif exclaimed following with a gasp as his foot got caught on your ankle and he landed on top of you, sending the two of you rolling down the hill grasping to each other.

You screamed but managed to drag your foot across the grass, giving them a rough, shaky stop.

His face was hovering over yours once you stopped, and he stared down at you with a red glow across his cheeks.

"What're you looking at greenie?" You grinned from ear to ear, though appearing confident the red hue growing on your skin betrayed you.

"I'm looking at what I always wanna look at, your beautiful fucking face."

You blushed madly as you stared deeply in each other's eyes.

Soon after you sat on the hill with Leif scarily close to you. You had your legs sprawled out in front of you. Leif laid his head on your lap. You were surprisingly comfortable with his close proximity to you. You couldn't help but rest one hand on his chest and twirl your other one through his longer white locks.

"So why are you really here starship?" Leif asked you and you looked down at him a bit surprised.

"Well that's a new one." You spoke with genuine curiosity.

"You told me to stop calling you shooting star, so I had to improvise," he grinned, "But you're not getting out of answering this, not again. Why are you here?"

"Why is that so important?" You asked with a groan, wondering why he just couldn't enjoy your presence while he still had it.

"Throughout history the Princesses of Daemos have hardly been able to leave the castle, yet here you are. I love having you here, but it is incredibly strange nonetheless." He replied as he sat his hand on top of the one you had pressed against his chest.

You took in a deep breath and stared up at the now starry sky. You smiled softly as you found the perfect answer for him, written in the stars "All you need to know is I'm on a mission, to find a new light."

"Annnnnd you need assassin training for that?" He chuckled as his eyes reached up to align with the stars, hoping he could find the answer he was looking for written in them as well.

You flicked his head, but smiled. "A good girl always needs assassin training." You winked down at him slyly.

"I actually prefer it when you're being a bad girl." He winked and you slapped his head this time.

"Quit acting like you've ever seen me be a bad girl."

"Oh starship I would love to know." He spoke desperately.

"I will slap you again."

***
"It should've worked this time!" You groaned as you pulled at the sides of your hair.

The ring held magic for approximately three months. You excitedly wrote your new findings into your most recent journal you started.

The purpose of the ring is to draw the magic out of the bodies of the humans, and the core of the earth. This way no one is harmed. Your sister Ava holds a ton of magic which is what you hypothesized to be the reason it lasted longer.

All of a sudden your ear twitched, and Leif jumped down from the ceiling and pinned you to the ground.

"Finally. I finally got you."

Your cheeks flared and you tried to pull your arms out from under his grasp. "Damn you Leif." You gasped and you followed it with a groan as you let your arms fall helplessly back to your sides.

"You would hardly pay me any attention so I got bored." He shrugged as he let go of your wrists and sat on the floor next to you. You sat up with a scowl across your face and rubbed your now sore back.

"How's the ring going? I cannot believe how many years you've been working on this thing." He grabbed your hand and examined the ring thoroughly.

"New crystal, the color suits you." He complimented with a thoughtful smile.

"Thanks." You took your hand back. You looked him in the eye and noticed that same sparkle glaring back at you.

"Thinking about that night, Huh?" He asked with a smirk.

"What night?" You played dumb and bit your lip to hold back your teasing smile.

"The night where you confessed your loveee for me." He spoke in an equally playful tone and creeped so close to your face that his nose touched yours.

You grabbed the sides of his face and pushed him back.

"I distinctly remember saying the exact opposite." You grumbled as you crossed your arms and looked away from the beaming male.

"You know you love me." He winked and he was suddenly gone.

Your heart was pounding in your chest as you sighed in relief, feeling the lack of his presence calm your nerves. Love isn't real...it's not real.

Or... is it?