Chapter Eleven

Edited: 8/16/21

"The fall festival?" You asked Ava as she walked into your room, excitedly announcing her idea to you. You had just finished packing a few of your new inventions into different bookshelves amongst your room.

"Yeah! It's a good idea right? Lorelei suggested it after I took the boys to the movies with her the other day." Ava beamed.

"The movies?" You asked in surprise and she nodded.

"Sorry, we went while you were working." She frowned realizing you may have felt left out.

You took in a deep breath and turned your head to flash her a smile. "Nah no worries, movies are boring anyways." You laughed nervously. You did think movies were boring, but if you could have a night to clear things up with Leif, you would die for that.

"Which day are we going? It's open for three days right?" You asked as you stood up and pulled a sweatshirt on over your head that said your favorite quote from My Hero Academia.

"Yeah! It is I was actually hoping we could go this afternoon..." she was fiddling with her hands and looking down, knowing you don't love last minute invitations.

You laughed nervously and mentally checked my schedule. "Well lucky for you I have the night off work." You smiled at her softly and she was clearly surprised that you weren't scolding her.

Ava jumped and hugged you excitedly. "Yessss this is going to be so fun!"

'A night out with Leif there..sounds like the opposite of fun, especially where we are right now...'

***
You all walked into the festival and Leif made it a point to walk on the opposite side of the group you were standing on.

You held in the urge to roll your eyes multiple times at his pettiness.

"Ah Lorelei is running late. Let's just go ahead and go in." Ava nodded her head towards the carnival entrance.

You stood a bit farther off to them as you let your eyes travel around the beautiful fall festival. Ava was explaining to them some human rules and you ignored them as you admired the decorations. Like Ava, you loved all of the Halloween decor and could barely hold in your excitement.

You ran over to the ticket booth. "Hi I need to buy a nights worth of tickets for," You took a second to count all of the people in your party on your hands, "Seven people please." You flashed a sweet smile and the man smiled brightly.

"Well hello Y/n dear! You're Andrew's daughter correct?" He asked you and you smiled brightly.

"One of them! My sister Ava is over there." You pointed behind yourself with your thumb towards your sister who was already walking over.

"Oh, well, my my! You ladies have some handsome lads with you! Ava and Y/n you tell your dad I'm voting for him. Take the tickets, on the house." He smiled brightly and handed the two of you fat rolls of tickets.

"Thank you sir! We will make sure to tell him!"

The two of you walked back over to the boys, "We got them for free since the man running the booth knows our dad!" Ava squealed happily as she told the males even though they didn't understand human currency.

"And does this free make you happy pri- Ava?" Pierce asked her and you blinked in surprise. You had never seen a male look at someone with such adoration before, nor had you heard Pierce say so much in one sentence.

"Extremely." She beamed.

Ava then went on talking about how she would love for someone to win her a stuffed animal like some boy won his girlfriend. All of a sudden all of the boys were gone.

You and Ava looked back and forth at each other and just laughed with a slight shrug.

You tugged on the sleeve of your black anime sweater as you nervously looked around at the games to play.

You went over and played a few squirt gun games before regrouping with your friends.

Rhys had been the only one to win Ava a stuffed animal and handed it to her clearly full of pride. You laughed since you had never seen your sister so red or flustered before.

You sighed happily for your sister and walked off to find another game once some of the boys dispersed again.

You felt a light tap on your shoulder and you turned around and found Leif standing behind you looking embarrassed.

"Well look who's grown more accustomed to Earthly manners." You smiled softly, your heart warming at the sight of him. When you saw him, it felt like the weight of both worlds were suddenly lifted. That's what you were scared of, because you truly loved this male and you just couldn't yet.

Leif rolled his eyes and stuck out a small unicorn plushy towards you. His eyes were reverted and he looked rather flustered. "Here. You looked sad when Ava got a present from Rhys, and I uh rather give this to you than her if I'm being completely honest."

You were honestly lost for words. "Leif are you sure? I thought you were trying just as hard as the other boys to win Ava's affections." You frowned, knowing that you didn't deserve the growing jealousy you had been feeling towards your sister. You did it to yourself after all.

"Well then you're clearly denser than me." He grinned.

"Hey- Im the inventor here-"

"I'm in love with you. Marrying Ava would simply be a good way to move up in the ranks in Daemos." He scoffed. You allowed the words to sink in and you nodded in agreement. Having a way to a bunch of humans would make you seem like a king in Daemos.

Your heart was pulling out of your chest. "Ah, so you want to bring more humans to Daemos through Ava." You frowned knowing how devastated your sister would be if that ever happened to her.

"You're not allowed to get sad about that! Just take the damn unicorn would you?" He shoved it towards you again. You looked up at him, trying to meet his abetted eyes. He was fighting an internal war with himself, just like you were, and you desperately wished that you could help him.

"Thank you Leif...and I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, that you don't love me anymore." His eyes were glossy with tears as he finally allowed them to meet yours. Your hands grew shaky and the pain in your chest only continued to grow.

"I never even told you how I felt about you in the first place. So how are you going to be mad at me for that? You never were told if I fell in love so how could you know if I fell out?" You reached towards him and grabbed his hand gently.

He didn't face you anymore, and he was turned like he was about to walk away from you all together.

"I knew you loved me because you have the same sparkle in your eyes that I have." He turned and flashed you a heart warming smile, that you were never expecting to see again.

"Besides, who could resist all this?" He asked, playfully waving his free hand up and down his torso.

You averted your eyes and blushed softly at his innuendo, but that couldn't help but grin.

"Ava." You choked out a laugh.

He growled. "Oh shut up you little shit."

You pulled Leif towards you and hugged him tightly. "Just wait for me, okay?" You asked without seeing the shocked look on his face.

Before you knew it his arms were wrapped just as tightly as around you as yours were around him, and his face rested in the crook of your neck.

"Okay." His voice was a faint whisper.