Chapter Sixteen

"Oh shit." Leif hissed and we ducked slightly hoping to stay hidden from whoever opened the large door. Ava was shaking, you could tell she was barely able to stay standing she was so overwhelmed by her fear.

Out of the dimly lit corner you saw a large male towering over her. His voice was gruff and unchanged since the last time you heard it.

Rhal.

"What are you doing in here with the door closed servant?" Rhal asked as he took a step closer to Ava. The closer he got to her, the more fearful her stance made her appear to be. For you and Leif, the closer he got the farther you all tried to scoot to the back.

"It must've slipped when I came in, your highness." Her voice was brave and you almost missed the crack that came along with it slightly.

"That's a bit convenient, isn't it? Don't tell me you were trying to get someone in the palace alone in here with you." His grin was wide and malicious, and before his hand could grasp her, you held one of Leif's katanas to your brother's neck.

Rhal slowly slid his hand back to his sides as his eyes averted over to you. They widened immediately when it registered who was standing before him, but they darkened all the same, "Sisterrrr." His voice growled out the r at the end of the word.

The way it was spoken felt like a slap against the face and you took in a sharp breath. "Don't touch her again, Rhal." Your voice was a warning of all the things you planned to do with him if he did.

Rhal smirked and placed his hand on Ava's arm and shoved her brutally to the side. Ava collided with the wall. Since you were maintaining a stronger stance of dominance over your brother, Leif ran to Ava's side in your place.

Your eyes never left his and your pressed the blade harder against his throat. A slit began to form and Rhal chuckled heartily, sliding his tongue against his sharp canines.

"Just as amusing as ever big sis." He grinned. You and Rhal had been born of the same month, but your father, being the unfaithful man that he is had two wives at the time. You were born to the first one, and Rhal to the second.

You and Asch share the same mother, since Rhal's mother was slaughtered for being unfaithful.

Your father was always quite the bastard, and Rhal was turning out to be just like him.

"What I find amusing is you're married, but here you are feeling up my sister." You spat and Rhal's eyes shone pure amusement.

"Sister? Care to explain?" Rhal questioned smugly and you felt your heart drop, not immediately recognizing your slip up. Leif's eyes were wide and he knew the only honest way to explain was to tell him Ava was a mere human.

"It's none of your damn concern!" You yelled and backed your brother up against the wall. "Now, you're going to let us go right now Rhal." You seethed and you pressed your palm against his chest.

His smirk only widened, "Why? Scared you're going to die when father sees you? You're right to think so."

"I couldn't care less what he has planned for me." You spoke in all honesty, since you expected to be out of this world before he found you.

"Don't bet on that. You, Asch, this pathetic Daemos, and your frail little human sister will be dead by tomorrow night." Rhal grinned wickedly and you felt shock take over your body.

"You're not as idiotic as I remember." You commented slyly.

Rhal pulled out a potion from his pocket and covered his nose with his free hand. "Sleep tight, forgotten princess."

You began to scream but your world went black, before any of you could retaliate.

***
You woke last.

Your ears were immediately filled with the sounds of Leif and Ava bickering. You took in your surrondings, realizing we were in the dungeon. You had dreaded it all your life. You noticed you had been put in a single cell and the rest were empty. "Strange." You thought to yourself.

"If you all just hadn't attacked me that stupid ass day none of this would've happened!" Ava yelled and Leif nodded his head knowingly.

"I know that Ava, damn! We're here now so the sooner you stop bitching and just accept it, the easier everything is going to be." Leif groaned and placed his face in his hands.

Ava was crying now. "My dads. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Now we're going to die and I'll never see them again." You we're still laying on your side as you listened to her speak pitifully.

"At that rate Y/n won't either. Stop acting like you're so alone." Leif commented and your body stiffened with his words. He knew you were awake.

"Y/n? She lied to me for years! I don't give a fuck about what she wants-"

"She saved you! She had her brother pinned against a damn wall with a sword for you Ava! Dammit she tried!" Leif had tears swelling in his eyes to match Ava's. Ava bit her lip and kicked the ground childishly.

"Damn you Leif- I don't know how to feel. Finding out that everyone in your life but your parents have been lying to you for so long, is a hard pill to swallow." She whispered and you took that as your cue to sit up.

"Not to make it worse, but they knew too." You rubbed your head as your eyes adjusted to the dim lighting.

"What do you mean?" Her words were breathless.

"They knew." You repeated and she began screaming incoherently.

"Ava. At the end of the day all we have right now is each other. We can either turn on each other or band together and defeat my horrible birth family. Please, help me save you." You had tears streaming down your cheeks and you had made your way in front of her to hold her hands as you cried. Leif simply sat behind you and rubbed your back comfortingly.

"Okay..." she whispered and you hugged her tightly, "I don't know how to forgive you just yet, but I promise to try." She nodded and you did as well.

"More importantly, let's get the hell out of here."

Continuation of last chapter, wanted to go ahead and write/post it hehe