Chapter Three

Edited: 8/15/22

"You taught me all of my best moves." Leif grinned mischievously as he hopped up and lounged on your bed, while eventually  rolling  over to sit next to you.

"Who the hell let you in here!?" You gasped as you saw the utterly infuriating white haired male snuggling your pillow.

"Do you ever think about those countless nights we spent looking at the stars?" He asked as he pressed the button on your wall which made the roof split apart, to reveal the beautiful crystal glass windows you built so you could stargaze at night.

The stars, were the only thing on Earth that made you feel connected to your homeland.

"How did you-" You gasped as your hand was shaking and pointing in the direction of your most recent invention.

"You're very predictable shooting star." He had a surprisingly soft smile on his face as he stood to walk closer to you. You continued to shake nervously the closer he got and the nickname he used sent a hitch in your throat.

"I told you a very long time ago to stop calling me that." You groaned as you rubbed your temples.

"So you're finally going to admit that you remember me." You could barely see his shit eating grin as he had leaned in closely to whisper that statement in your ear.

"Shut the hell up and get out of my room." You grabbed him by the neck and stared daggers at him.

"That sister of yours is going to make you put money in this swear jar of hers." He smirked and you sternly pointed towards the door as you released your grip on him.

"Dream of me." He smirked softly as he exited slyly leaving you completely livid.

**
"What are you making?" Leif asked as you took a pair of tweezers and slowly placed the metal scraps in a particular pattern to form the shape of a ring.

"Sure are nosy aren't you greenie." You placed the bright purple jewel in the middle of the ring and slipped it on your pointer finger. You tapped the middle and a big purple orb lit up around the ring and you felt a rush of magical energy flow through your veins.

"It works!" You gasped excitedly as you held your hand in your strong grip.

"What's does? This pretty ring?" He questioned as he grabbed your hand and stared intensely at your invention.

You slapped his hand away with your free hand and yanked your ring hand back towards yourself.

"It's not just a ring if you must know." You scoffed and looked down at the purple jewel, too proud of yourself to care about hiding it's true purpose.

"Then what is it?" Leif asked suspiciously.

"Again with all of the god damn questions!" You groaned, "It's hopefully the new source of magic." You responded and he looked at you with a puzzled expression. You sighed and shook your head as your glance left him and back towards your work.

"Your simple mind wouldn't get it."

***
"Sister." Asch called bluntly as he approached you while you cooked breakfast the next morning. You had just gotten over a wild blush, realizing that you had dreamt about Leif just like he requested.

"Yes brother?" You laughed mockingly at the formality. You decided the awkward tone your brother had made sense considering it had been years since the two of you had last seen each other. It was much longer for him than it was for you.

"What information have you found out about this place?" He asked and you rolled your eyes in pure annoyance. He was always straight to the point, but unfortunately he was wrong about that being my sole purpose here.

"No hello Y/n? How have you been for the past thirty years. Any boyfriends? How's the new sis?" You snorted and he simply shook his head.

"No time for small talk."

"We all know that you guys are not here for information. I know you want the souls and like I told lady grandma I am figuring out a new way!" You exclaimed and he shook his head.

"There is just no other way Y/n. She told me small bits of what you've been working on and they've all been failures."

"What would you know Asch?" You questioned, "I'm the one who got sent away to fix everything while you got to sit back in the castle and keep the blood of thousands off your hands. Fuck off asshole and let me figure this one out. Oh and I swear, I heard about the threats you made to my sister and if you lay one hand on her so help me god-"

"She's not your sibling, I am." He responded coldly as he ignored my accusation of him being able to keep clean hands.

"She's more of a relative to me than you have ever been." You snapped and walked off no longer able to deal with his bull shit.

You saw Leif watching you out of the corner of your eyes. "So sexy..." he muttered and you stuck out your middle finger, walked into your room, and slammed the door shut.

"Sassy too." He chuckled, loving how nothing about your personality had changed since the last time he saw you.