Chapter Ten

Edited: 8/16/21
"I am going to get the princess to marry me!" Your head shot up and you felt your cheeks burning madly. You saw Noi, Rhys, and Asch in a heated conversation.

"Oh come on, Asch, wouldn't let either of those fools try and marry me." You snorted as you whispered quietly to yourself.

"Princess Ava is mine!!" Asch yelled at whichever of the boys originally said he was to marry her.

Your eyes widened. "Ava?" You asked yourself quietly. Your heart dropped. You mentally scolded yourself for believing they were talking about you, the forgotten princess of Daemos.

You decided that Ava must've told your parents that these guys were plain humans. You laughed to yourself knowing that they couldn't have been stupid enough to believe that. You did wonder however where they got the Princess title from. You walked into Ava's room to ask her yourself and you found Leif towering over her.

"What the hell..." You whispered, hating today even more.

His eyes flickered over to you and immediately back to Ava's sleeping body. "Go away. I'm trying to kill the princess." You rolled your eyes again at her false title, hating yourself for feeling so envious.

"Strange. While all of the others boys are trying to marry her, you do the opposite?" You commented with a nod of your head, acting like you had no idea why he was doing this. You were being a brat and you both knew it.

"Watch who you're speaking too." Leif was suddenly directly in front of you, hovering closely.

"Last I checked I had more power than you," you grinned viciously "Well I guess now the two of us are pretty much on the same level. How chivalrous of you to be apart of Asch's royal knights. I never knew you had that kind of order in you." You teased as you pushed him back, reminding him of the barbaric assassin he used to be.

"Do you not understand what you are doing to me?" His eyes darkened and his expression saddened.

"What do you mean?" You asked and dropped your arms to your side. All specks of a playful mood vanished.

"Prrincess," You shivered at the way he purred the R in your former title, "I have wished to court you since we were just teenagers. Feel that?" He asked as he placed your hand on his heart, it was beating ever so loudly, "You make me feel as weak as a human. They've clearly rubbed off on you, but you were always soft so it's not like anything is different. Don't drag me down with you."

"I told you to stay away from me," You countered, reminding him of that horrible day, "But you've always had a hard time taking orders." You growled out.

He smirked. "Yeah I guess you're right. Rules were never for me." He grabbed you by the waist and dipped you, staring into your eyes longingly. Then he leaned in and you found yourself throwing away everything you have been fighting, and leaning in as well.

Then he stood you up and stepped far away from you.

"Forgive me princess but I have a human to kill." He didn't make eye contact with you at all as he stared down at Ava. You lunged forward and grabbed his arm, desperate to stop him. You couldn't see the look on his eyes so you had no idea if he was serious or not.

"Leif you're so obnoxious." Ava groaned as you dropped Leif's elbow after you grabbed it to stop him from going near her.

"He really is sis. I was just making sure he left." You reassured your sister and dragged the Daemos out of her room.

**
"He's making you do it!?" You hissed while standing out on the porch talking to your brother.

"Yes. Soon. In three months time."

"Oh gods Asch! I'm so sorry," you began sobbing into your hands, "I'm assuming that they sentenced me to death as soon as my time limit ran out over there, I was foolish to believe there was any other way."

"Yes. Entirely foolish." He replied cooly and you found yourself hissing again in response.

"In three months? Thats it?" You questioned softly.

"Yes three Daemos months."

"So in reality you only have a few days here on Earth before they really start to look for you." You gasped and shook your head anxiously.

"Yes."

"They can't do this to you Asch!" You cried out. You weren't sure if the passion in your voice was love for your brother or fear for the lives of others I have stored inside myself. You hated your homeland and it's idiotic rules. Killing your third child, just to replenish magic.

"If not me, Father will just take Rhal. He's married now I wouldn't want him to be the one. It's my duty." He sighed as he leaned his head back as he thought.

"Just don't go back. Stay here. Screw Daemos it should burn in hell." You growled out without thinking, and he grabbed your wrist tightly.

"How dare you speak about your homeland like that I-"

"Hands off." You hissed and lit up your fist in flames.

"But your magic-" he gasped, "How is it so strong?" He questioned shakily.

"Because I have found another way. We need to get it on Daemos before it's too late."