Chapter Twelve

Edited: 8/16/22
Your group met up with Lorelei, Steve, Orin, and Kristen soon after the boys (minus Leif) competed for Ava's affections. You couldn't help but wonder why they were so intrigued by her, it wasn't like a Daemos to take interest in a human's life.

Unless they're taking it.

You shivered at the thought and reminded yourself to ask Ava why they thought she was a Princess later.

You split up your group previously, after three of the boys stole corn dogs from children.

"Wow I haven't seen you guys since high school! How have you been?" You asked Lorelei and her friends as you hugged her and Kristen. You scoffed at the boys internally.

"Wow Y/n I always forgot how much friendlier you are than Ava!" Steve let out a hearty chuckle and a tick mark appeared on Ava's forehead.

You smiled brightly, "Ah yes well Ava only surrounds herself with the best and you surely don't make the list!" You exclaimed with a sweet voice and now it was his turn to scowl.

"How about we go to the roller coasters!?" Lorelei suggested. You listened as they all continued to go back and forth about where they should go and what to do first. You simply sat there and continued to take in the scenery around you, including your adorable new stuffy from Leif.

You hooked your arm with Leif and smiled brightly. "The roller coasters sound like a great idea." You hoped that today you could at least let your heart open again, even if it was just a little bit.

**
You and Ava explained to Leif and Pierce what a roller coaster was.

Yeah, you all didn't think that one through.

"Don't worry you have no reason to be scared." You said to Leif, Pierce, and Ava who had always been a baby when it came to roller coasters.

You slid into the seat next to Leif when it was your turn. As soon as the cart started moving he gripped your hand tightly.

"You're going to be okay, you'll love it I'm sure!"

You were completely right.

You all had to carry Ava, and Lorelei carried Steve. They clearly didn't take the ride well, which you completely expected.

Eventually the group thinned out even more and you were left with just Steve and Lorelei with you all.

"Let's go to the haunted maze!" Lorelei suggested and looked over to her boyfriend with bright eyes, hoping to get some quality time with him.

He looked away slightly and you could see the annoyance brimming in his eyes. You growled lightly under your breath as you began to walk over to the maze.

Ava again had to explain to the boys that nothing was going to hurt them. Not physically at least.

"Oh Ava! Do you think Steve and I could go in just the two of us?" Lorelei asked her with those hopeful eyes gleaming again. You felt a sharp pain in your chest, worried about her going in with him alone.

"That's a great idea!" Ava grinned before Leif added to her statement.

"Why don't we all go in as pairs?" He connected his two pointer fingers together as he explained, "They can go together, Pierce and Ava can go together." He wrapped his arm around your shoulder with a large grin plastered on his face, "Which I guess that means Y/n and I will go in together," he winked down at you and you blushed madly as you rolled your eyes.

So much for agreeing to wait.

Though now that it was out in the open, neither of you were doing a great job at waiting.

You pushed the needy boy off you and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea." Pierce was looking at Leif with an odd expression, and Ava was a blushing mess.

You giggled slightly at the chaotic friend group you stood with, and you found yourself wishing for moments like these to never end.

Slowly but surely it was time for you and Leif to enter the haunted maze.

"I hate this shit." You grumbled under my breath as you looked around anxiously.

"Why?" Leif asked as you clung to him tighter.

"Closest thing on Earth to Daemos." You shivered as you pointed out the people in ghost costumes running around and scaring everybody. The walls also were decorated with purple leaves along the wall, just like Daemos.

Leif was shaking, also not enjoying the reminder of your terrifying homeland.

You looked up at him confused, not sure why he had any reason to be frightened. He went on hunts for humans on Daemos, you were sure of it. You weren't an assassin or apart of the royal guard if you didn't partake in the hunt.

"What's going on up their?" You asked as you tapped his forehead twice.

He gulped and looked down at you.

"I-"
3rd POV

Suddenly they heard a loud boo and they dashed off screaming as they ran off from the ghost.

The two of them were laughing in hysterics as they ended up reaching a dead end. Y/n slowed down her laughter as she reached the wall of leaves and turned around to see Leif standing incredibly close to her.

His eyes were dark and serious.

She backed up against the wall feeling incredibly intimidated. She gripped it and he only came closer.

"W-Whats going on Leif? You possessed or something?" She asked as she laughed nervously, her brain not functioning properly due to his close proximity. He placed his left hand next to her head and leaned in closer and grabbed her chin.

"You were jealous earlier? When I caressed Ava huh?" He asked with a sly smirk spread across his lips.

Her eyes widened and her breathing hitched as she remembered his body over hers, aggressively breathing air into her sister.

Y/n gagged at the thought and looked him deep into his eyes, "That's not exactly what you were doing." She snorted and looked away but he pulled her gently by the chin to keep their eyes locked.

"Just admit it." He led on.

"Leif- I've already told you." His hand left her chin and pulled her by the waist so she was pressed up against him.

Her cheeks were burning up and her heart pounded out of her chest.

"What starship? Getting flustered? Can't take a little bit of physical contact? Hasn't been that long has it...?" He teased as he squeezed her hip gently.

A large gulp slid down her throat before he finally released her.

"You're just going to leave me hanging like that?" She asked innocently and Leif looked back at her and smirked.

"You're the one who told me to wait starship. I'm simply following her highness's orders." He winked, "Besides, just admit you can't resist me in my human clothes." He purred as he was suddenly right in front of her again.

She reached her hand up and threaded it through his silky white hair. "I think I would prefer you without." She whispered as she walked towards the entrance they came through, "Come on now? Wouldn't want to get lost in the maze would we?" She asked following her wink with a small smile.

Leif gulped as he followed her out.