Chapter Two

Edited: 8/15/21

As you stormed back inside you went straight to your room, ignoring the puzzled glances you received from your sister and the other Daemos males.

You fumbled through the hundreds of books on your shelf, varying from research to plain novels, and found your old diary.

You opened it and tore through the scribbled out pages. "Get rid of the evidence." You murmured to yourself, flicking your fingers and creating a small fire that turned the pages into ashes.

It's not like it mattered, you remembered every page word for word.

Years ago...

"Her name's Y/n."

"I told you not to share that!" You snapped at the man who brought you to the training camp.

It was only months before your big departure. You knew little of your fate, but your father informed you that it was imperative you trained hard here.

"They would've recognized you princess, and you're the only one on Daemos with that lovey name." He grinned and you kicked him in the face.

He groaned and rubbed his chin and shoved you towards the males you labeled mentally as misfits. "Do what you want with her. Training starts in the morning."

The man walked off and a group of much older and bigger Daemos kids approached you, cracking their knuckles.

"Look at this, little miss perfect princess thinks she can come in and be a badass like the rest of us does she? Should've stuck to kissing babies in the castle honey." The biggest boy with shaggy black hair grinned.

You simply grabbed his wrist and flipped him over so his back slammed against the dirt and rock covered ground, you appearing to be completely un-phased.

"You know full well we don't kiss babies in Dameos." You brushed your hands together and walked towards the tent that was handing out bread and water. You took a piece and a glass and headed towards the campfire and took a seat on a splinter-filled log.

"I saw you back there."

"Awesome, I'm sure a ton of people did." You responded without even looking up to the unfamiliar voice.

"I'd love to train with you sometime."

"Don't count on that happening. I'm not going to be here long." You placed your chin on the palm of your hand and sat there with a pissed off scowl that puzzled the male that was speaking to you.

"Why are you here then?" The male the mystery voice belonged to sat next to you on the log. You finally looked up and were greeted with a pair of bright green eyes.

"That's...none of your business." You gulped as you felt your heart strangely pick up speed. You looked away from the male with a bashful look on your face.

"Well let me introduce myself, the names Leif and I would like to make your business my business." He grinned sticking his hand out towards you and you refused to let your baffled inner response to his statement show.

You placed your empty water cup in his hand and walked over to the sleeping tents.

**
Ava walked into your room later in the night.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" You questioned her as you sat up from the fetal position you had been sulking in, "You're always sleeping."

"Not when I know my sister needs me." She sat next to you on your bed and wrapped her arm around your newly formed hunched position.

"No, you're usually sleeping when I need you." You laughed softly.

She smacked your arm and pulled you tighter against her. "Will you just tell me what has you upset?"

"Seeing them all here is weird...I have little... memories of Daemos so this is making me oddly emotional." You begrudgingly smiled as you lied through your teeth.

"You've always been quite the master manipulator..." You heard the memory of Leif's voice whisper through your mind.

You jumped and she just stroked your arm shushing you in an attempt to calm you down.

You looked at her and smiled sadly, there was just so much she didn't know.

***
"What are you working on?" Leif asked as you were pointing your finger and magically bringing scrap pieces of metal towards your workstation.

"Like I said to you last time we spoke, my business is not your business."

"And like I said, I want to train with you." He smirked.

"How is that even-" You were suddenly on the floor with a sword to your neck. "Wanna tell me what you're working on?" He questioned.

You teleported to behind him with his sword clutched between your fingers, pointing toward his back. He was still crouched down on the ground.

"You have to teach me how to do that." He gasped exasperated. You dropped his sword and walked back your work station with a solemn expression plastered across your face.

"Don't count on it."