Chapter Fourteen

Edited: 8/16/21
You paced back and forth along the floors of your bathroom as you had a communication spell set up in the sink, waiting for Lady Grandma to send one back to you. "Pick up pick up pick up." You bit your lip nervously as you waited to see if she would.

She never did.

In that very moment you heard the nasty cry of your sister and you ran out to find your brother and his companions staring at Ava and a large black haired male with horror.

"Y/n!" Leif cried out in terror, and encouraged you to go back into the bathroom.

The male shifted his weight and turned to glance back at you. He had recognized your name instantly, that old decree coming to haunt you once again. Ava stared at you in horror, her eyes shaking with rage and fear. "Did you know? Did you know what your people do to mine?" She choked out.

Mine.

The word cut sharp and felt like a knife across your skin.

It was like you weren't one of their own anymore.

All of those memories and all of the years spent together, suddenly seemed to be for nothing to her.

"Ava...you have to understand! This is what I've been working for all of my life to stop! I promise you I hate that part of my homeland." You spoke to her in a begging tone.

"It's true Ava! All of her inventions, she isn't lying!" Leif added, desperate to help you all he could.

The male, Zex, laughed and looked down at you like you were pathetic. "The Princess begging to a human. How absolutely pathetic. This must be the reason why you're to be put to death the moment you step foot on Daemos again."

You took in a sharp breath when he reminded you of your fate and Ava looked over at you with fear in her eyes.

I used the last soul I had stored to make my inventions...instead of using it to bring back humans for my father to slaughter. You thought to yourself. Zex was right, there was no escaping the fate you had brought upon yourself.

"Let her go." You cried out, losing all sense you knew, and Zex simply pointed another sword at you, leaving Leif to stumble forward to try and help you.

There was suddenly a cloud of blue smoke and your world began to twist.

Since it had been many years since you experienced a world shift, you weren't prepared for the travel to come.

Luckily Rhys and his quick thinking, knew to save Ava when you couldn't.

You found yourself on your back in a luscious field. The sky above you was a deep shade of purple and the grand trees matched in color. Your heart began to race and you shot up immediately, feeling a major rush of pain take over your head. You fell backwards once again and tears began to pour from your eyes.

"Ava...where is Ava?" You asked with a soft and croaky voice, knowing you didn't see her amongst the group the few seconds you sat up.

"She must be caught up somewhere else. Magic can only be so strong and precise. Don't worry Princess Y/n, I put a spell on her to make her appear to have horns. You should probably put yours back on too." Rhys spoke to you and you sniffed loudly.

Leif bent down and revealed your horns for you. "Thank you Leif..." you whispered as you looked up at him with sad eyes. Leif felt his heart clench as he looked down at you, but simply nodded his head.

"We need to come up with a plan to find Princess Ava!" Noi exclaimed and Pierce nodded.

"Yes."

The rest of the Daemos agreed.

"Asch." Your voice cracked once again as you spoke.

"Yes sister?" He asked, unconcerned by the way your voice seemed to sadden his companions.

"What if she ended up at the castle?" You asked with a fearful tone.

Asch's breathing hitched in his throat, "Shit," the curse was sharp, "shit, shit SHIT!"

"What's wrong with you guys? Are you worried she will be revealed easier if found by someone in the castle?" Noi asked and Asch simply shook his head, looking down at you, not wanting to be the one to tell the truth about the castle.

Out of all the horrors on Daemos, the royal siblings believed this to be the worst.

"In the castle, if a Daemos woman is found and deemed unsuitable for marriage, size and beauty are playing factors, they will be sentenced to servitude in the castle." Asch spoke with disdain.

"Ava is so tiny because of her human body. If they find her she will be sentenced immediately. The longer she's in the castle the more she will be tortured. Rhys' spell won't last forever, and if Zex returns he knows Ava's true nature. This is a dangerous situation for her either way." You were now sitting up and ready to discuss a plan of action.

"We're going to find her." Noi reiterated.

"Yes." Pierce added roughly.

"We have no other choice." You whispered.

At that very moment, your frail sister ended up on the large platform in front of the entrance to the castle. Ava appeared to be battered, shown by the bruises on her face and neck, and her ripped clothing.

Approaching the tall stairwell was a large dark Daemos male. He almost stepped on her as he walked up to the entrance. He looked down with a puzzled expression.

"Oh, a female." He squinted his eyes to get better look at her, "I wonder what father and Bish would think of her." He smirked mischievously. He picked up your sister who was frail in comparison to your large brother, and carried her inside to meet her chilling fate.