Chapter Twenty

"Starship."

You turned slowly, terrified to see whatever was going on behind you. Ava's voice was urgent, but Leif's was oddly calm, sending your nerves into a nervous tingle.

You were relieved to see him standing there normally, with his typical adoring look he always reserved for you.

"Yes?" You asked softly as you reached up and ran a hand through his white locks.

Leif's heart began racing and he took in a deep, nervous breath. Little did you know your grandmother was standing close by, watching the events unfold.

"Starship," he spoke again and you quirked an eyebrow at his repetitiveness, "When I met you, you always had a closed off and determined expression on your beautiful face." He spoke and you felt your cheeks flare. You couldn't believe he was saying such embarrassing things in front of your friends and loved ones.

He smiled as he reached up and tucked a hair behind your ear, "I tried so hard to break through that wall you put up. It was difficult, extremely difficult. When I first introduced myself to you and I tried to shake your hand, you put your glass of water in my hand." He chuckled and you felt yourself laughing too, starting to understand where his reminiscing was leading.

"Now that sounds like Y/n." Ava snorted and Asch was nodding, also smiling.

"The night I remember the most is when we laid out in the fields and watched the stars. I asked you if you believed in soulmates and you told me you didn't. I told you the story my grandmother told me about the matching sparkle in the eyes of two people destined to be together. Yours, starship, looking like you had your very own constellation just for you dancing across your eyes. I couldn't believe it and I fell in love with you right there. You told me you didn't believe in love and you stuck with that for years, I never believed you though. I never gave up either." His smile was bright.

Leif got down on one knee, showing himself in a vulnerable state, he looked and loved so human like. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the very first ring you ever created. Your eyes widened at the sight of it again, knowing you had taken it back from him months ago. The ring was much smoother and rounder than it had been, but the cracks were still visible.

You looked at him with teary eyes but he simply smiled at you. "You and I have broken each other with time and words for years. I hope this will be a reminder than no matter where we started and what happened along the way, we can always heal the cracks we made and let them grow us as individuals. We made a promise to each other to not waste any more time. I have so much more to say to you but I know the memories I have of you, are always going to be cherished between the two of us." He took in a deep breath before hold the ring out and up, closer to you. "Y/n, my beautiful princess of Daemos, will you marry me?" He asked you with the upmost sincerity. You looked at the male in front of you in awe. He was on Earth for such a small period of time, but he learned so much and adapted his way of thinking to match your own new one.

You loved him so much.

"Yes, Leif, of course." You were now crying uncontrollably and his eyes were leaking just as much as yours were.

You pulled up your fiancé, grabbed him by the face and kissed him hard. His arms wrapped around your waist and held you closely to him.

As the two of you parted, he held your hand and slipped on the ring that meant everything to the two of you. "I can get you a diamond ring if you want, I thought this one would be much more special to propose with. I spent weeks fixing it up for you." He smiled softly and your eyes widened.

"You...You fixed it yourself?" You asked softly and he nodded.

"I paid attention starship, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you and you were always adding to this." He tapped on the gemstone.

You hugged him tightly and he eagerly returned it, his face covered by your hair as he placed his nose in the crook of your neck. "I love you so much Leif, the ring is perfect..thank you."

"I love you too starship, always and forever."