Prologue

​​​​​​Edited: 8/15/21
"She's just a child."

"We will never know if we don't do this now."

"Your highness I do believe this isn't the best idea-"

"Silence!" The king shouted and slammed his hands against his desk. The papers flew and skidded across the floor, his wife and mother stared at him begrudgingly.

"Are you sure? To your own daughter, my boy?" His mother questioned him to reassure herself of the intelligence behind this terrifying decision.

"She's the only hope we have mother." The King spoke and his mother took in a sharp breath, understanding the drastic situation.

The young Daemos female was brought in sleeping in the arms of a guard. Her father had informed her of his decision to send her off, it didn't go as smoothly as he would have hoped.

His mother clung to his arm, desperate to not see her granddaughter go.

"Her brother is older and much more capable of living on his own! Please don't send her she's not even of the elder teenager years yet!" She cried.

"Get off me mother. You know full well why she has to go, and Asch has to stay."

"Send her off." The king's mother wiped away a tear and exited the room so she would not see you be thrown into the portal.
***
Years Later...
"Happy birthday to you!" Your family finished singing. You leaned forward and blew out your 22' candles. You had a beaming smile on your face as you smiled for the pictures your fathers were taking.

"Come on Ava! One more of you and Y/n."

You and Ava posed for a photo, both lost in thought as you thought about how annoying your fathers were with all of the pictures.

"I can't believe that it was just ten years ago that we brought you in from off the side of the road." Your father Devon sniffled as his wiped his teary eyes.

Andrew rolled his eyes and nudged his husband softly, before pausing and thinking over his husband's words "Was it ten years ago? I feel like it was more like eight." Andrew replied before he shook his head and placed a hand on his husband's shoulder, "Quit reminding her of that Devon," he shook his head with a soft laugh as he whispered a small warning to your father, "Are you girls excited? I was told by your sister that you've found the apartment you two are planning on renting?"

Ava nodded with a big smile as she squeezed your hand excitedly.

"Don't worry Pop, you'll only need to worry about Ava's half of the rent!" You laughed jokingly and Ava glared daggers at you. She may be lazy but that girl was terrifying to you sometimes.

"When are you going to get a job sweet heart?" Your father sighed.

"I'll help her out Dad, don't worry."

***

You carried in the last of your boxes with your dads trailing close behind you. You placed them gently on the floor in your room, since you marked the box with fragile. You smiled excitedly knowing exactly what was in the box you carried and you were excited to start working. You turned and kissed both of your dads on the cheeks.

"We're going to be fine Pop, don't worry." You told your father and he smiled knowingly.

"Just take care of our Ava. We don't worry as much about you because you've always been able to stand on your own two feet, but Ava, she makes me nervous."

You placed your hand on the side of his face for a second and smiled. "I'll keep her safe, no need to worry."

After you walked them to the door and waved goodbye, you walked down the hallway to check on Ava. She was already napping, exhausted from the few boxes she carried upstairs. You snorted and closed her door, heading back to your own room.

You took out a small pendant from your fragile box and placed it on your desk. You clicked the end of it and a big bright blue orb popped out.

"Lady Grandma." You smiled as you saw the shining image of your grandmother'a face.

"Hi my sweet child."

"You're messing with the portals again, aren't you? I can feel the security breaking in the air around me."

She had a small smile on her face. "You'll get to see your brother again very soon my dear."

The communication orb closed and you sat there in a nervous shock.

Asch was entering your new home, which only meant one thing.

There was a magic crisis back on Daemos, and you had failed to come back with the right means to fix it. Now they weren't going to stop until they could end this once and for all.