Chapter One

Edited: 8/15/21

"She's always been quite the scientist." Devon said to his husband as they watched their adopted daughter working away on a new project.

"Maybe it has something to do with her homeland?" Andrew offered.

"How so?"

"Y/n has always had a magical feel to her. Maybe it's a learning thing? I'm not sure maybe being in a new land makes you more curious." Andrew threw around ideas.

Y/n sat in her room scribbling away in her notebooks. She had sketches of devices fueled with her magic.

She was trying to find a more humane way to keep the magic alive on Daemos.

"Finished." She smiled as she slid a ring over her finger.

***
You paced back and forth quickly from one of your boxes to your book shelf as you placed your written notes and research on the shelves.

There was an ear piercing slam and Ava screamed. You dropped your stack of research and began to shake in fear.

It had been days since Lady Grandma had confirmed your suspicion about the magical activity occurring on Daemos. This, unfortunately, meant it had been longer on Daemos.

There was no way that they could be there already. You tried to convince yourself it was someone else as you slammed your door open to see five Daemos males.

"Y-Y/n!" Ava shrieked in horror and as you looked in her eyes, you couldn't tell if she wanted you to run or try and save her.

As your eyes solidly connected with hers you put your hand up softly and smiled reassuringly, "You don't need to worry much, Ava, they're like me and I knew they were coming." You spoke the last part of your sentence quietly.

"Like you?" She asked with a softy voice. Ava never knew much about your homeland. She didn't ask much and you never felt like talking about it. You had a mission here and that wasn't just going to stop because you had a human girl you called a sister. Ava and you both decided it was best that she just knew you had horns that resembled a demon, but you were not one.

You nodded softly, still worried about her and her fragile state. "In fact, hello brother." You smiled wickedly as your brother and his intense aura shoved himself to the front of the pack to stand face on with you.

His intense gaze fell down to meet your own. You could tell by the smoothing crease in between his eyebrows that he had come here angry.

"Is it really you?" He asked and poked the sides of your head where your horns should be.

You smiled and revealed your (favorite color) horns. "Yes Asch, it's me." Your tone was laced with a teasing sense, not sure how to approach this untimely reunion with the chosen prince.

He stepped forward and you watched the intense hesitation in his eyes. He was at war with himself, he also didn't know how to approach this situation with his sister who was now deemed an exile from Daemos. He sighed and finished the step forward and wrapped his arms tightly around your smaller frame. You exhaled in surprise but returned the very human like notion anyways.

"What the hell? You have a brother?" Ava shrieked as she finally allowed the information to process.

"What the hell? Asch has an emotion other than anger?" A tall Daemos male with white hair joked, and Asch turned around and threatened him with a fire fist which left Ava with growing fear in her eyes.

"What're you doing here Asch? Did father send you here to get information from me?" You question as your emotion-hating Daemos side began to show and you wanted to get the formalities out of the way and get down to business.

Asch stiffened and he looked down at you with sad eyes. It had been years on Earth since you left Daemos...but it had been much longer in your homeland. Frankly the only thing your father remembered about you was you were to be killed the moment you returned home. "He doesn't know I'm here." He chose the simple reply.

"Then did...Lady Grandma send you?"

"Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?"

"We're here to learn about the human world and gain more energy sources for our magic back on Daemos." Asch's knight, Rhys, commented.

"I've actually been working on that." You whispered to your brother, as a signal that you would like to explain more later, in private. Asch looked down at you with a mischievous glint in his eyes, like you had a room full of people in your basement. You facepalmed at the thought of being around your barbaric brother for any longer than this.

***
"I didn't know your homeland had magic!" Ava exclaimed.

"There's a lot you don't know about my past," You whispered, "But you know everything about me that matters." You smiled reassuringly.

"Hey if I'm supposed to be teaching those jokers about Earth, I'm going to wanna learn some more about your home Daemos."

"My home is Earth, just like yours Ava." You sighed.

You looked up at the stars as your memories flowed with every positive and negative memory of your time back at Daemos. The freshest ones weren't the best, and you struggled thinking about them again.

**
"The names Leif." The white haired male grinned over your shoulder as he teleported outside to talk to you.

You felt a sword in a close proximity to your head so you teleported behind him, grabbing his sword and held it to his neck.

"It is you.." he whispered in awe as his lips parted and he stared deeply into your eyes.

You grew incredibly nervous as you recognized the bright green eyes staring back at you, and you dropped the sword and backed away from the male quickly. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"No...I remember moves like that anywhere. When I heard your name... Y/n...for the first time I didn't think it could be true. I remember now you're the only girl on Daemos with that name." He went on and you remembered the ridiculous decree your father made the day after you were born. The decree that would haunt you for the rest of your life.

"You're wrong Leif."

"I don't think I am. I remember you exactly Y/n." He reached down and and picked up the sword you dropped from off the ground and placed it back onto the hilt that was sown to his belt.

"Don't tell my brother, I- my father swore that he never could know."

"Same as always I see? You never wanted to show others your true self. Say, does Asch know about the inventing-?" You ran into one of Ava's plastic chairs as he spoke and he looked up at you in surprise.

"Goodnight Leif." You walked inside with a slam in the door, leaving your old friend to be alone on the chilly October night.