𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

September, 503 AD

I woke up the next morning before Merlin did and exited the room quietly, not wanting to disturb his sleep. I knew he was exhausted from the past two days. Plus, from what he'd told me, he had never slept on an actual bed before – which was incredibly sad to hear and kinda hard to believe at first, but in the end I guess it made a lot of sense. Back in Ealdor, we slept in small cots stuffed with straw that were more resemblant of Walmart sleeping bags than actual beds. 

"So, you are the girl from the future," Gaius stated as I descended the staircase, his words making me freeze in my tracks as dread filled me. Is he psychic or did Merlin accidentally let my secret slip? "Hunith told me all about your situation in a letter she sent for me. Not to worry, my dear. Your secret is safe with me," the elder man explained with a reassuring smile, likely noticing the fear on my face. I sighed in relief. "Okay, cool, thanks. Hard to believe, I know. It's a big mess," I told him as I took a seat on the kitchen bench, resting my elbows on top of my thighs, and my head atop my hands. 

A sweet smell reached me, which I couldn't quite place, but it made me realise that the man was cooking something – presumably breakfast. 

"It must have been frightening for you," he said as he turned to me again after stirring the pot. "Yeah, but I'm somewhat used to it by now. Hopefully it won't be forever," I replied, though I suddenly wondered if Leo, Henry and Mason were even trying to get me back. Surely Uncle Gustab would have his big lawyer guns aimed at them until they did so, right? 

Curse them for adding that voice-control option to the time machine! 

"There is a bathtub in that room back there. You can fill it with water from the well right outside the castle," Gaius spoke again, pulling me out of my pensive state. Great – having to manually fill a tub won't get annoying any time soon! "It is completely clean, so feel free to use it whenever you want. Breakfast will be ready soon," he added and pointed towards a wooden door towards the back of the little apartment. "Awesome, thanks!" I said happily before silently going into Merlin and I's bedroom to retrieve a change of clothes and my shampoo, conditioner and soap – which I still had from my time, but was running dangerously low on.