𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

July, 504 AD

The very next day, Merlin woke me up in a panic. "What's wrong with ya'? I was just 'bout to slay Thanos," I grumbled as I sat up, glaring up at my best friend. "Astra – the grain supply has gone bad, too," he told me. I noticed then that his face was pale and his eyes wide. My stomach dropped. "No, what? I thought Arthur had passed his first test," I mumbled, rubbing my tired eyes. "Well, he was tested again and he failed," the sorcerer said with a sad sigh. 

I groaned as I buried my face back in my pillow, wishing that Sandman would take me back to my dream where I was righting the wrongs in 'Avengers: Infinity War'.

"Come on, Astra. Uther needs you," Merlin said as he gently shook my body. I rolled onto my back once more. "Fine," I mumbled before getting out of bed. I shooed my friend out of my room and quickly changed into my dark blue riding leggings, my Styx t-shirt, and my white hoodie before slipping on socks and rejoining the sorcerer outside. 

We walked to the council room together, where Gaius and Uther were looking over something in a glass beaker. 

"What did Arthur do?" I wondered as I looked over the physician's shoulder at the mouldy grain in the container. "Astraea, please. This is not the time for silly superstition," the King scolded, crossing his arms as he narrowed his eyes at me. "It's not superstition if it's true," I mumbled. 

"What is it? What happened?" a disheveled-looking Prince burst into the room moments later. His eye were red and his face pale, making my heart churn. "All our remaining supplies have rotted. Every last grain," his father replied grimly. Arthur ran his hand through his hair before storming out again. I bit my lip and made a mental note to check on him later. 

My leg bounced up and down while Merlin and I sat at the kitchen table in Gaius's apartment later that day, waiting anxiously as the elder man prepared something to eat

My leg bounced up and down while Merlin and I sat at the kitchen table in Gaius's apartment later that day, waiting anxiously as the elder man prepared something to eat. I wasn't sure what it was, but I figured it couldn't be anything nice given our very limited remaining options. 

"I know Arthur is stubborn and pig-headed and annoying, but he cares about his people. More than he cares about himself. He will not forgive himself for making his people suffer," the sorcerer stated after he explained what had gone down during their latest adventure in the woods.