𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

July, 504 AD

I stood over my desk while looking at a map of medieval Britain as I tried to figure out if we might be able to feed the people by taking them into other friendly territories by cart and having them eat there. It was a complicated plan and, with our track record, I doubted it would even work, but it was worth a shot. We were running out of options and all of Camelot's welfare was at stake. 

However, I was interrupted by the kingdom's Prince abruptly bursting into my room, jaw clenched and shoulders tense as he began to pace. "Ah, yes, come in," I said sarcastically as I raised my eyebrows at the intrusion. I was still extremely angry at him, and him interrupting me in the middle of a brainstorm was definitely not the way to get back on my good side. 

"That sorcerer dared use my unique hunting prize as an excuse to terrorise Camelot!" he ranted, ignoring my remark. "And on top of that, my senseless servant believes he is telling the truth! I should sack him for that! How dare he?" he rambled on. I tuned him out as best I could while trying to focus on my task. I was already annoyed because of the uncooperative quill pen I was using to try to make notes, I didn't need Prince Prat to add to that. 

"Are you even listening!?" Arthur turned to me after about a minute, eyes glaring daggers. "Yes, yes. Magic man bad. Merlin too smart. Blah, blah, blah," I replied, mocking his British accent as I rolled my eyes. "Astraea!" he exclaimed angrily. "You already know what I think of the subject, why are you telling me this?" I responded, finally glancing up at him. "Because you are the only one who truly listens to me. Most of the time," he replied, his voice calmer than before as he sat down on my bed, on top of my Avengers blanket. I considered that an invasion of my highly-valued personal space, but I allowed it because I could empathise with the frustration of not having anyone to vent out to. 

"Okay, fine," I relented with a sigh, then moved the map away so that I could sit on the table and give him my undivided attention. "What else did this sorcerer say?" I asked as I swung my legs. "He said that I have to prove myself and make amends for killing the unicorn. Otherwise Camelot will be lost forever," he replied in a mumble as he looked down at the floor. "Did he specify how?" I wondered as I nibbled on my bottom lip. "He said that I will be tested," the Prince replied, glancing up at me. I could see the brewing storm in his eyes and it made my heart churn. "In what way?" I questioned softly. "He did not say," Arthur answered with a frustrated sigh. "All right. Okay," I briefly turned into a bobblehead figure as I tried to think of something helpful to tell him. "It'll be fine. Just...stay close to me, or Merlin. We'll find a way to help you," I finally said with a shrug. 

He let out a shaky breath and ran a hand over his face as he looked away from me. In a twist of events, I couldn't find it within myself to stay mad at him, even when part of me really wanted to. He clearly felt regret, and he was facing some sort of magical justice for his actions, which seemed fair. The troubled look on his features caused my negative feelings to fade quickly, and I was left wishing I could lift this huge burden off his shoulders and solve the matter myself.