𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

September, 503 AD

"What is there to master? I could move objects like that before I could talk!" I heard Merlin say with pain in his voice and slightly louder than he should've as I entered Gaius's place after returning from a morning ride with Dallas. "Then, by now, you should know how to control yourself!" the physician argued back, looking at the boy in disapproval. "I do not want to! If I cannot use magic, what have I got?! I am just a nobody, and I always will be. If I cannot use magic, I might as well die," my friend said back and dropped his head. I felt my heart break a little as he stormed off into our room and Gaius let out a frustrated sigh. 

"What happened?" I asked the elder man, slightly startling him. "He got into trouble with Arthur again and used magic to gain advantage. He is unbelievably lucky that nobody noticed," he explained with a shake of his head. I frowned but nodded in understanding. "Is he okay?" I asked, concerned for my good friend. "He is slightly bruised from the fight – and of course, upset. But he will be just fine," the man assured me, offering a small smile. 

I sighed and set my riding gear down on the bench. "Do you have anything I can use to wash Dallas's leg protectors? The trail was a bit muddy," I asked, changing the subject. "Of course. There are cleaning supplies in there," Gaius motioned towards a wooden cupboard. "Help yourself to them anytime you need," he told me before grabbing some doctor-y stuff and going up to Merlin and I's room. I called a quick 'thanks' after him and went to get a brush, a bucket, and soap.

Some two hours later, Merlin finally came out of hiding in time to eat dinner with Gaius and I. "Hey, buddy. Feelin' better?" I asked with a small smile. He nodded as he sat down next to me. "I am just...angry, I suppose," he replied. "Yeah, I know. He's an assbutt," I whispered to him, but the physician had sharper hearing than I anticipated and he sent me a disapproving look while Merlin laughed. "Tell me I'm wrong," I challenged the elder man, who simply shrugged and placed a pot on top of the kitchen bench, which let out a delicious smell. 

I peeked inside and found a mix of cooked vegetables. 

"Yum!" I exclaimed as I served myself a spoonful, then served some to Merlin and Gaius, accidentally dropping a little broccoli on the table. I froze and looked up at the elder man. "Sorry," I said sheepishly. The sorcerer snorted and pinched the fallen veggie with a fork, then ate it. I grinned at him and finally sat down, enjoying the meal. We went to sleep as soon as we were done. 

"Where are you going, dude?" I mumbled sleepily as I heard Merlin moving around the room in the middle of the night.  The boy froze. "Uh...I forgot something outside," he quickly made up. "Liar," I replied with a yawn and sat up. "Do not worry about it, I will be right back," he assured me. I would've fought him on it, but was too tired to do so. "Fine. You better not end up in jail again," I warned, pointing my finger at him before rolling over and going back to sleep.