𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

April, 504 AD

"What took you so long?" Morgana complained to the sorcerer when he finally returned with supplies some three hours later. "Sorry. Once Gaius gets talking about anatomy, there is no stopping him," he replied with an apologetic smile. I grinned. "I love Gaius, he's too precious for this world," I said, earning puzzled looks from both. 

Merlin moved towards the kid and set his bag on the floor next to the bed, pulling out a flask containing some ointment and a bandage. 

"Are you sure you know what you are doing?" the Lady asked nervously as the sorcerer began to remove the old bandage. "I-I am doing my best," he replied shakily. I turned away as the wound was revealed, instantly feeling dizzy. "Y'know, I'm gonna get you some more water," I mumbled before grabbing the near-empty bucket that stood at the foot of the bed and scurrying out of the room. 

I hurried to the pump right outside the castle, filled the container, and then walked back towards Morgana's room; freezing in my tracks when I ran into Gaius as I rounded a corner. 

"What do you need all that water for?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion. "Uh...a bath, obviously," I replied with a scoff. "But it is almost night. You always bathe at midday after working with the horses," he pointed out, crossing his arms. I faltered for a second. "Well, I had a lady accident," I quickly made up. I'm such a genius. "Oh," Gaius said with a grimace as he looked away, suddenly flustered. 

"That's why it's better to stay out of other people's business, grandpa!" I called out to him as he quickly walked away. I smirked victoriously and laughed. 

I was still giggling when I entered Morgana's room again. "What happened?" she asked, slightly frightened. I put down the bucket next to the boy and was thankful to see that his wound was now covered back up. "I just put Gaius off our trail in the most epic way," I informed her. She looked confused as Merlin chuckled and offered a high-five. I smiled widely at the gesture and eagerly completed the motion, then explained what had happened. 

The roles were inverted as Morgana was now the one chuckling, while Merlin stared at me in puzzlement.