Chapter 8: ℳ𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸 ℰ𝓁𝒻 ℱ𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒮𝓅𝒶𝒸𝑒

Magic Elf From Space

To be honest, I was freaking out. Like full-on going to break down type of freaking out. And did Thor's quick run-through of how to be respectful in front of the King help? A little, yes. But was it helping me calm down? No, not at all. "You will do fine. My father has...calmed down a bit."

"Calm down? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, stopping again. Thor took my hands up in his large ones, holding them tight.

"It means you have nothing to worry about." I sighed deeply. "And you will not be meeting with him alone. You will have me and Freya with you."

"Does your dad have lightning powers like you?" I cast my gaze down to Freya, finding she held Thor's hammer like it was a stuffed animal. It made me chuckle.

"No, but he has more power than one can imagine."

"Can he shoot fire? Like Aunt Auric?"

"I am uncertain," Thor responded amused. 

"Can he--"

"Baby, we really don't have time for questions right now," I said, cutting Freya off knowing she could go one for hours.

"But I want to know what his superpowers are." She all but whined. I cast her a "don't" look, which made her huff in frustration.

"Come. Odin is a very busy man. It is best to not keep him waiting." I expected Thor to let go of my hand, but my heart did a little flutter when he didn't--when he kept me close.

We came to the huge, double doors that I guessed led to the throne room in what felt like seconds. Two guards stood on either side of them.

"Thank you, little one, for holding this for me." Freya beamed, handing the hammer back to Thor.

The guards opened the huge doors, bowing as Thor passed.

The throne room was intimidating. It was a cold and unwelcoming sort of place, cold gold lining everything. And to top it off, Odin sat on a huge golden throne looking just as unfriendly.

We hustled down the steps and crossed the hall, standing before Odin. Freya and I curtseyed, while Thor knelt to one knee, a fist over his heart. "I'm beginning to see a pattern with you, Thor." Thor stood then and I followed his lead.

"Father, this is Lady Clarissa and her daughter, Lady Freya. This is the child I told you about." Odin looked--old...and exhausted. Unlike the other Asgardians in their eternal youth.

"I know who they are." One of the ravens that sat next to him cawed loudly, making Freya gasp in excitement. I placed a hand on her shoulder, hoping she didn't speak out of line. Odin's eye fell to her, that grim look still on his face.

"Father, we--" Odin cut Thor off by standing. I held my breath as Odin slowly descended the steps from his throne and sat on one of the steps before Freya. He held his arm up and one of the ravens landed on it.

"His name is Huginn and his brother is Muninn. Thought and memory. They fly over the Nine Realms collecting knowledge and stories for me."

"Like war stories?" Freya asked as Odin placed Huginn on her skinny little arm.

"Yes, they have told many a story about war. You may pet him." Freya smiled widely and very carefully ran a finger over the bird's head. My nervousness never subsided and I looked to Thor who looked to me, a small shrug on his shoulders. Great.

"You feel really sad," Freya said, making me gasp. I all but slapped a hand over Freya's mouth.

"Freya! What did I tell you--" Odin gave a weak smile.