Chapter 13: 𝒲𝑜𝓁𝒻 𝒜𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓈𝓉 𝒮𝒽𝑒𝑒𝓅

Wolf Amongst Sheep

Freya

It was hard to open the big doors I had followed Loki too, but I did it and I found a library. It was bigger than the one back home, but I wouldn't say it was better. I got to pet a snake and a raccoon at my library. I didn't see any snakes or raccoons here.

There were books and weird-looking papers all over the floor and tables. My library wasn't this messy.

I picked up a really old book and tried to read the title. A History Of the Universe. I could only read up to 'the'. I liked history. I opened the book and found more words I couldn't read, so I flipped through the pages until I found pictures. They were super cool. One was of a bunch of scary elf guys and another was of a dragon! Like Aunt Auric...but I don't think Aunt Auric could turn into a dragon. It was just her superhero name.

There was a loud popping noise and someone gave a frustrated sound--a sound I knew to be frustrated because I had heard my mommy make it too. I put the book on the table and walked further into the library. The library got messier and messier as I walked. Definitely not as good as my library.

There was a big, spiral staircase and I rushed up the first flight. There were more books up here, but it was less messy and more boring.

I heard another frustrated sound from the floor above this one. It must be Loki so I rushed up the stairs.

I gave a quiet whoa at the living room thing that was up here. It was huge! Bigger than the living room at home or at my grandparent's house. There was a fireplace, though there was no fire, but I knew it could make the best smores.

A black cat's head popped up from one of the couches. "Maggie!" I gasped, rushing over. Maggie meowed loudly and she hopped off the couch. I picked her up and held her tight. I'd missed her so much!

"What are you doing here?" I jumped around, Maggie licking my cheek with her sandpaper tongue. It was Loki and he didn't look happy. I could feel he wasn't happy. But he wasn't not happy to see me--he wasn't happy because he missed my Aunt Auric. "Put her down."

"Maggie likes to be held," I said, petting her as best I could while holding her. Loki stared down at me for a long time, his eyes narrow.

"Where is your mother, gremlin?"

"I'm not a gremlin. Gremlins are scaly and mean and look like this--" I scrunched my face up and growled.

"Then what would you prefer to be called?" I shrugged. I didn't know what else I wanted to be called. Hogun called me Lightning Heart, but I only liked it when he called me that.

"I guess gremlins are okay. They can be fluffy too." Loki smirked, making me smile.

"Where is your mother? I'm sure she doesn't like that you are not with her." Loki said, flopping down on the couch. I handed him Maggie and climbed up to sit next to him.

"She's with Thor taking a walk and they were being boring. I saw you and I followed you here." I pet Maggie.

"And why would you do such a thing? I'm no less boring than the company you had just been in." I shrugged again.

"Because we're friends and I haven't seen you in forever." I felt Loki get sad again. But a sad that was also anger and something else I didn't know what it meant. He looked away from me, looking at the fireplace that had no fire.

"I don't have friends." I gasped, getting to my knees. I placed my hands on his shoulders, gaining Loki's attention again. His eyes were narrow and I felt him get annoyed.