Chapter 15: 𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁 ℱ𝓇𝑜𝓂 ℰ𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽

Some Girl From Earth

It was a struggle to pull myself to the healer's room. It had been a struggle for us all to get to our feet at all, feeling drained and defeated after what had just occurred.

The healers were very nice women and they worked fast to heal our cuts and buries. Loki disappeared soon after, hardly able to speak beside a simple alright and nod of the head.

Freya fell asleep in Thor's arms halfway through our healing, having only a few bruises herself. When we finally made it back to our room, Thor tucked the girl in with a mountain of blankets and pillows, running a hand over her wild hair that I would have to rebraid in the morning.

I watched her for a long moment, listening to her snore softly. It was hard to register that she'd nearly been taken today. That she could have come out of that a lot more hurt than she had been. That I could have died. That Loki could have died. "He was going to kill you," I whispered, feeling Thor's large hand rub circles on my back. "You could have died." I looked up to the god, finding he was already looking at me.

"And I would do it again if it meant keeping you both safe. I care for you--both of you--deeply." I shook my head, looking back to Freya. "You still believe I lie?" His touch faltered, making me snap back to look up at him.

"No--" Freya stirred, cutting me off. I took Thor's hand in my own and pulled him into my room, shutting the door softly behind us. "I believe you, completely after today, but you have to understand that men have never been this--willing to be a part of Freya's life before. And if they have--"

"They are some crazy Dark Elf looking to use her." Thor supplied. I gave a weak sigh.

"Exactly." We stood apart in silence for a long moment, just staring at one another. "I want to let you in." Thor took the few steps over to me, grabbing my face up in his hands. His hands which engulfed my cheeks.

"Then let me. Please." I grabbed hold of his wrists, tears pricking at my eyes. Everything from the past week came rushing at me in that moment. From the terror that was running from monsters and fighting for my life to the reality that was Thor's commitment to Freya--to me. I nodded, blinking my eyes. Thor smiled softly, placing his forehead on my own. I shut my eyes, breathing in the leather and stormy smell of him.

"My promises still stand. I will guard and care for you both till my dying breath." I snaked my hands up his arms to rest on the back of his neck, my fingers tangled in his hair, holding him close.

We stared like that for what felt like forever and honestly, it was the most comforting and, dare I say, romantic thing I'd ever done with a person. Just breathing in each other's breath, feeling his warm skin against my cheeks, just being in his presence.

I opened my eyes, finding Thor was already looking at me. My face heated then and something like giddish embarrassment filled me. "I should probably take a bath..." I awkwardly got out.

"Then I should take my leave." Thor started to pull away, but I grabbed his hands.

"Uh--don't." Thor looked me over with those eyes of his. "Please--I just want to bathe so I don't smell like a farm animal." Thor chuckled softly at my rushed explanation.

"I will stay, but I should bathe as well. Wouldn't want two farm animals running around." I chuckled, shaking my head at his playful teasing. Thor squeezed my hands. "Will you be alright while I'm gone?"

"Yeah...I'll be okay." Thor brought my hands up to his mouth, placing a kiss to the tops of them. My face became the sun as I watched Thor do this. A sort of strangled sound escaped my lips making Thor chuckle again.