We're Fools

I woke up in the pharmacy. I guess I was only asleep for about an hour. Just for dinner. Juniper got me something to eat and some water. I feel perfectly fine now but I was worried for a second.

"We couldn't figure out who did it. They weren't trying to hurt you it seems" leon explained to me.

"Be on guard about that boy then.." I sighed as I finished eating. "I can't believe I got poisoned again.." I slapped my forehead.

"And you said you feel.. fine?" Juniper asked cautiously.

"Yeah, completely fine. Like nothing ever happened.. I guess we should get back to the party then. I dont want to ruin things for Raji." I smiled and slowly got up.

"If you're feeling well enough" leon sighed.

We headed back and pretended like nothing happened. I got there right when dessert started!

"Y/n, why did a little boy come tell me you were poisoned?" Dad asked me as I sat down.

"I wonder" I shrugged and began to eat.

"He even told obi.." Dad whispered. My eyes widened immediately and my head shot towards where obi and zen were but I popped my neck and had to lower my head.

"What happened at the party, Y/n?" Father, the king, asked me next.

"I don't know, I'm going to ignore it for now. I'll figure it out later, I'll just have to be careful now" I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"You seem alright.." Dad muttered and looked at me.

"Im fine, just had a little nap is all" I let them know as I glanced over to Zen's table.. thankfully he didn't see me.. although, he's staring at that Kalon guy.. Did he see me walk away with him? "Why is Zen mad?.. Did Obi tell him I got poisoned?" I asked dad in a whisper.

"No, he saw you walk away to the private green house together.." Dad snorted.

"So.. he's mad?.." I asked quietly.

"Obi says that prince let Zen know he proposed a marriage meeting to you privately in there and that you were interested" Dad kept snorting on and on.

"The hell I was!.." I grumbled and stomped my foot.

"What?.. I thought out of all the princes you'd love to-.. well, be with someone more handsome than the other one.." Father, the king, told me quietly. My face shifted into confusion and disgust. Zen is way more handsome than that guy!

"I don't like him and I'm done eating." I grumbled and crossed my arms.

"Princess, manners" Juniper whispered over my shoulder to remind me to control myself.

"Im not getting married father, nor do I even want to try going on another date.." I spoke to the king and forced myself to keep eating.

"Well, whether you'd like to or not, you have to marry for the sake of this kingdom." He answered.

"What would another man accomplish? I've done more to save this place than anyone else alone. Besides, raji will be king soon and we've already made great bonds to other lands." I told him and was not happy.

"Y/n, we lost Clarines." The king told me. My eyes widened when I heard that.

"What?.." I whispered.

"Izona isn't exactly happy with what you've done in the past. Leaving the safety of clarines to come to tanburan then leaving his little brother.." Dad listed some things.

"I saved tanburan and clarines!.." I shouted quietly, "And I saved Zen the pain of me.." I muttered as I set my fork down.. "I have to use the bathroom.." I told them as I slowly got up with my head hanging.