My Week Of Training.

let's get the ball rolling :)

Your POV

Today is Saturday... Okay, let me rewind a little.
This past week was nice... other than me not getting to go anywhere or do anything. I was basically put on lockdown after that night with Zen but I still saw them every once in a while when I snuck out or pretended to get hurt. Not only that but Obi came and danced with me for a while but he also realized I'm a horrible dancer. I guess Obi told Shirayuki and she passed it along till Zen heard. Obi told me Zen thought it was funny I couldnt dance, well sort of. Zen and I have written notes back and forth for the past week. Everyone always writes something inside too but they're small things or something funny someone did while I was gone. since obi is the official messenger for Zen he was the one to pass the notes back and forth.
But now we have to go.. In my messages I wrote about the possibility Prince raji would be there and told Zen about Prince Dominic's old plans of us trying to off Raji. He told me jokingly that maybe if Raji wasnt around itd be a good thing but then disagreed with himself because well.. Wishing death on someone isnt acceptable in this society but we were all thinking it too. He told me that even if Raji is a bit of an idiot, hes the reason we're all truly together and in a sense, that's true. Without me getting poisoned or Shirayuki being tracked down, I dont think we would have become the friends we are now so quickly. Zen often wrote that he missed seeing my face or having me around just to pass the time and I wrote the same but.. in a more jokingly way. I told him I missed kicking his butt during training.... I'm an idiot... But I also told him I enjoyed the walks we take together or on monday night when we spent the whole night together. I also made sure to thank him for telling me that story about his friend. When he told me long ago that he had a friend I was curious but I understand now why he didnt tell me about it at the time.
Anyway, I finished getting ready and eating not long ago and I finally escaped the grasp of those stupid maids.. I swear it took me forever to get out of there but now I'm finally outside. It feels good to walk around out here but not in these shoes, they still hurt and now I have 3 bandages on each heel from them. Getting hurt did give me an escape for at least a few minutes of my day. I visited Shirayuki often and Obi when he was there but I never saw the others which is fine but I still wish they were there..
"Y/n!" Shirayuki shouted from behind me.
"Hey! What are you doing out here? I thought you had work today" I shouted back and walked to her happily.
"Well yes but I was allowed some time to see everyone off" she told me with a little laugh.
"I see" I giggled as we walked together to a seat near the gate.
"I'm sorry I couldnt come with you guys, i guess I'm not too important" she sighed and sat with me.
"I would of rather no one cane with me. This trip wont be good, Shirayuki.." I told her and lowered my head a little.
"I never thought it would be but I still wanted to be there for you" she told me with a smile.
"Thanks" I smiled back and felt proud I could call her my friend. Shes always worried about someone and always tries her hardest and I want to be like that too so on this trip I'll do everything I can to keep everyone safe and at least a little happy dispite the situation.
"Y/n!" Obi shouted and jumped down from the pillar above us.
"Monkey" I chuckled and didnt seem fazed by his scare.
"How long is this trip again? A little more than a month right?" Obi groaned and rubbed his shoulder.
"I dont know why, I ran through Tanbarun in a night before I met you, Shirayuki" I told them with a sigh.
"What? Just one night? I thought you had to of been on the road for at least a month before meeting us!" She shouted out of shock.
"Nope, and that's exactly why I hurt my ankle" I told her proudly.
"I dont think getting hurt is something you should be proud of" obi sighed before something else caught his attention. Shirayuki and I stood up and looked at the tall staircase where Zen, Mitsuhide, and kiki, all stood with smiles on their faces.
"Y/n, Shirayuki, Obi! It good to finally see everyone together rather than writing it on paper" Zen shouted from the top of the stairs. I felt a little flustered after seeing everyone for the first time in so long, not to mention the strange request I asked of Zen in my message yesterday.. It's all Obi and Shirayuki's fault but if this request comes true than I'll probably feel a lot better about traveling alone.
"Those notes weren't fun to travel around, y'know" obi complained.
"You're the official messenger of the second Prince of Clarines." Kiki stated with a blank expression. Hearing Zen's title made me realize that our relationship is a little weird for just someone under his command. We're friends but it feels.. more than that somehow..
"Y/n, that request in your letter.." zen began and dug in his pocket.
"O-Oh, I'm sorry about that" I stuttered and felt embarrassed about it.
"I'll only give it to you for something in return" he chuckled softly and held out a beautiful pocket watch.
"Oh, well.. Will this do?.." I looked around myself before pulling off the ribbon on my wrist. I always have it there because I need to put up my hair often but I dont have anything else to give him other than a sword.
"I wont lose it and by the time this trip is finished you'll have it back, I give you my word" he told me with a smile.
"I promise to hold onto this until then as well" I told him and held the watch between my hands with a smile.
"Y/n, I dont know if you've heard yet but you wont be the only one riding in that carriage" Mitsuhide told me and looked off somewhere with a grin he was trying to hide.
"Then.. Who will be there with me? I thought obi would be on horse back?" I wondered.. until i saw someone slightly scary walk down the stairs to us.
"Lord haruka and i will accompany you. I'll will stay the whole time while lord haruka will only stay till we reach the boarders of Tanbarun" kiki told me with a smile.
"That's nice" I laughed a little and couldnt help immediately feeling uncomfortable knowing that man would ride with us.
"Miss Moon, if you dont mind, I'll be joining you and miss kiki on your journey" lord haruka told me.
"No, not at all" I smiled and tried to act polite while Obi was worrying about lord haruka behind me. Lord haruka nodded to me before heading to the carriage.
"Good luck" Shirayuki laughed awkwardly to me.
"It won't be too bad, its just a few days, right?" Zen chuckled with a smile.
"Yes.." I nodded and had my eyes pointed at the bricks under our feet. Why cant I look at him? Since monday I've been worrying about zen and he hasnt left my mind, now I can barely talk to him..
Prince Izona soon came out and wished us farewell on the top of the steps. He seemed stressed but I would be too if I were him. I gave Prince Izona a short bow before he left.
"You're quiet.." obi whispered to me.
"How am I quiet?" I whispered back in confusion before the others turned back to us.
"We'll be leaving a day after you so we probably wont see you till after you get to Alfin" Mitsuhide told me.
"Oh, that's alright.." I muttered and looked somewhere other than everyone else. Truthfully, I wish zen and the others would be with me the whole time but I knew that wouldnt be true which is why Zen and I exchanged obects.. it something to remember each other for a while..
"In a week and half we'll see each other again, till then, good luck with lord haruka" zen whispered the last part to me.
I laughed a little to myself at that. "Thanks, good luck with Prince Izona" I said in return with a short shrug.
"I'm gonna need it" he confessed and put his hands on his hip with a sigh.
"Master will you miss Y/n, is that why you have her hair ribbon?" Obi asked and knew exactly what he was doing.
"Shut up, obi!.." Shirayuki whisper shouted and slyly kicked him in the shins. My face surely turned bright red and I definitely couldnt look anyone in the eyes.
"Ow! I was just teasing them!.." obi whispered back to her.
"Whoa, when did you learn how to deal with him?" Mitsuhide asked Shirayuki in shock.
"Yeah that was.. unexpected" zen added and had a light tint of Prince across his face. 
"I learned from Y/n" Shirayuki smiled at me happily, "And after spending an entire week with him it gets easier" she said.
"I'm impressed" kiki grinned to herself.
"He is a hard one to tam but it looks like you can handle it" I told Shirayuki and honestly felt happy Obi listened to her. She has her ways of hushing Obi but it's all good natured.
"Yeah, Zen too" Mitsuhide chuckled. My face suddenly felt warm again and my heart beat a little harder.
"I am not!" Zen shouted in his defense.
"Miss Moon, I'm afraid if we want to get a good head start we must leave now" lord haruka told me.
"Yes, of course.." I nodded to him before he went back to the carriage.
"This time we cant send letters through Obi" zen told me while the others said goodbye to each other.
"Yeah.. But it's just a week and a half" I smiled and tried to raise our hopes.
"And then another week and a half after" he sighed. "But now I have this so it should ease the pain" he chuckled and pulled my ribbon from his pocket.
"And your watch.." I smiled and opened my hands to show it one more time.
"I admit, I'll miss you especially since this feels more like 3 weeks we'll be apart" he sighed to me and held up a pleasant smile.
"I-Ill miss you too" I stuttered by accident and felt flustered by his words. Of course we'd miss each other, we're friends but.. different.. I think I'll miss him more than I would with Shirayuki..
"Time to go, Y/n" obi groaned and walked off as someone brought around his horse.
"This trip wont be too bad and when we get there you'll finally see each other again" kiki reminded me with a smile and headed towards the carriage.
"I'm not sure meeting at a funeral is such a good thing" I laughed and watched as everyone separated.
"Wait to go back to your home" zen told me and instantly reminded me of what we talked about.
"Are you sure you still want to go with me?.." I asked him hesitantly.
"I dont want you going anywhere without me or one of the others, I'm worried that something will happen before the ball.." he told me quietly.
"It's bound to happen.. But I'll be okay and we'll all be close by" I told him with a smile while he gave me a nervous sigh but smiled back at me. "In a week and a half, prince zen" I bowed just to mess with him.
"In a week and a half, miss moon" he bowed back before the two of us laughed. I said a real goodbye to him then went to take my seat in the carriage before Kiki.
Not long after getting in, lord haruka started talking.
"Miss Moon, I'm sorry about your family. I've heard great things about them in the past" he told me and looked a bit sad.
"Oh, it's alright. It was going to happen sooner or later.." I told him and held a little smile up just for courtesy.
"The Moon clan was one of the fearest family's of worriers there was and those swords you're carrying prove that" the told me and looked at my swords that I perched against the door so I wouldnt have to sit on them.
"Those were my parents.. All week I've been told to take off my belt and I refused but i had to make up a little story for the maids to allow me" I laughed a little and looked to my swords.
"Oh yes, the fake, 'I promised my parents', right?" Kiki asked me with a smile.
"Its not entirely a lie" I told her with a little grin. That seemed to make lord haruka laugh, I think I'm in his good grace's which is perfect.
"I heard about how it happened from Prince Izona.. But it makes me wonder why you're going and especially why prince izona is going too.." lord haruka told me worriedly.
"Prince izona has his plans and I have mine. Truth be told, I'm not going for their funeral. I do believe my grandfather's probably didnt make it out that day but I'm not sure about my parents.. when I left, the fight was still going so it makes me wonder.." I muttered.
"You think they're still alive?!" Lord haruka raised his voice.
"It's a possibility but it's not likely. He sent more than an army of soldiers but we never did go down without a fight" I told them and had a smile on my face when I thought back to it.
"Lord haruka, I think that's enough questions for today.." Kiki said kindly.
"You're right, I apologize" he agreed and even apologized!
"N-No, it's alright! I really dont mind!.." I stuttered from surprise. Normally lord haruka is someone to be afraid of but he doesnt seem to mind me at all!