I Will Protect You

At long last, Y/n cried on the prince's shoulder.

------

"I will protect you Y/n.." Prince Zen whispered in Y/n's ear.
They stayed in that hug for another minute or two before they separated. Y/n sat back in her bed and the prince stood up in front of her with a smile.
"In order for me to protect you though.. you'd have to be by my side the entire time.. or at least in the castle" the prince continued grinning. "You've already proven your skills and abilities so..." the prince stalled on asking Y/n the question. She already knew what he was going to ask and she was quite excited for it! Being a attendant or sentinel for a prince whose not royal scum? DEAL!
Y/n didn't show her excitement though, she was going to mess with the Prince a little for absolutely no reason other than to 'shoot her shot'.
"Would you consider being my personal sentinel?" He smiled and placed his hands on his hips. This was a very good job for Y/n to take advantage of. She would technically be like a guard but without being restricted to standing at gates and specific places. She would be able to roam the castle all day and do as she pleased. But this job also gives Prince Zen an excuse to bring her with him wherever he went as an aide like Mitsuhide and Kiki.
Y/n tapped her chin than mouthed, "No."
The prince didn't have anything to say to that so he stood there awkwardly until he figured it out..
Y/n cracked a smile and a little laugh.
"You were joking?! Why you little-" The prince was about to strangle his friend for making him feel dumb. Y/n giggled and quickly jumped up from her seat and ran around the little less than large room they were standing in to try and get away from the Princes strong grip but as clumsy as they both were.. Y/n tripped over her dress and made Prince Zen fall right after her! Y/n's beautiful long hair spread out over the floor when she fell. Thankfully they were both safe and unharmed but how could they even think about getting a bruise when they were onto of each other!
Y/n tripped and fell on her butt than Prince Zen got tripped by her and land directly over her without smashing her little body. They couldn't help but just stare into one another's eyes without a thing to say.
All of a sudden the door swung open and showed shirayuki carrying a huge box that covered her face and eyes making it difficult for her to see.
"Y/n, I'm afraid it's getting late, we'll have to go back to the Inn now before it gets too dark outside" shirayuki shouted at Y/n as she set the box down. While she was distracted the other two quickly got off one another and tried to look the lest suspicious as possible.. which didn't work out well.
"Oh- Zen! I didn't know you were here with Y/n. By the way, how are you feeling? Any better?"
Y/n nodded her head quickly up and down.
"Alright.. what were you two doing in here by yourselves?" Shirayuki smirked and dug something out of the box.
"O-Oh.. well, I was telling Y/n about becoming my royal sentinel! And she agreed" he spoke happily about it.
"Really now?... is that all you two were doing?" She asked the two of them eyeing them down. They both sneaked a glance at each other quickly then nodded. "Haha, I'm just messing with you two. Jeez you both are so up tight" she laughed.
Huh, that sounds like something Obi would say..
"Exams" I mouthed to her and tilted my head.
"Oh! Yes, it's tomorrow actually. I'm kinda nervous if I'm being honest" shirayuki started getting all shy and embarrassed but I'm proud of her. It's really awesome she's trying to do something to help others not to mention this work will be for the prince and everyone in the palace! While the prince and shirayuki talked about her exam I looked around for my real clothes. I looked all around the walls than noticed a mirror right in front of me. It was body length but a little short and it was hanging on the wall.
Oh yeah, the dress! I can't believe I'm wearing this still.. it's so gorgeous
I smiled at myself a little in the mirror and pinched the fabric.
"Y/n you look so pretty in that dress by the way, I meant to tell you that as soon as I walked in but we started talking about something else. I hoped you would like it." Shirayuki smiled kindly at me.
Aw how sweet
I smiled a little more and started to feel my body heat up with embarrassment.
"I agree with shirayuki. You do look stunning, Y/n." Prince Zen shouted out as if it was normal. My face immediately went blank and turned bright red as I thought about how to answer him.
"O-Oh! I'm sorry I didn't m-mean anything weird like that I just-" The Prince stuttered. His face was probably more red than mine at this point.
"Jeez, I had no idea you were such a flirt, master" Obi chuckled sitting on the window sill.
"I wasnt trying to flirt!" He shouted embarrassed at Obi.