Changed. -~part 2~-

-continuing from chapter one, part 2-

-~*~————————————~*~————————

Everyone started talking after that. Well, everyone except for me.
I don't get it.. Why can't I speak when I want to anymore? Why didn't I feel anything come out of my throat? Am I preventing myself from speaking somehow, or did I actually lose my voice?
I'll go outside and try talking while they have fun and chat..
I wrote something on my notebook, "I'll be right back, wait here for me". I showed it to the others and stood up with little to no pain in my ankle.
"Do you really think you should be walking around on that ankle of yours?" Zen asked and stayed where he was standing. I shrugged at him and walked outside into the nice morning air.
"May I come with you Y/N?" Shirayuki asked, getting up from her chair. I slowly shook my head no, feeling guilty, and walked into the tall forest trees where a clearing was found. It was small but nice and I wasn't able to be seen by the others.
When I knew it was safe, I finally took off this hot cloak and mask. It was getting quite sweaty in this thing after a while. Underneath, I was wearing a nice lavender dress. It was my favorite gown I owned and always made me feel good about myself. Yesterday felt like a good day to wear it around and thank goodness I did, because I would've never been able to get it back from the house.. I left the rest of my things in that little house with my family. The breeze felt good blowing through my long, long hair. I had been growing it out ever since I was 8. Now I'm 19 and I think you can picture how long it is. I've had to get it trimmed a bit though over the years. It doesn't exactly touch the ground but it is a little longer than my fingertips when my hands are straight down beside me. It gets tangled easily, so most of the time it's braided, but it doesn't like to stay in braids.. I also didn't bring any ribbons to tie it with, good going me!
I still wonder though... why can't I speak? I couldn't have lost my voice all of a sudden, so what's holding me back?
I don't know what to say.. maybe I'll just spout some stuff out to get it off my chest, no one would hear it anyway. I took a deep breath in and began my rant.
"What's going on with me? Absolutely nothing is coming from my mouth which angers me! Even if I wanted to talk, I can't! I can't say anything! And how did I randomly meet four people when I was trying to hide!? Shirayuki seems like she ran away from something too, but why? And just who is Zen, Kiki, and Mitsuhide? Where did they come from? Why do they carry around such nice swords? Those three could be royal guards. The three of them look very active and seem to be good with a sword and know a few things ; they understood what I was doing back there when I put my hands on my head. Just who are these people? Can I trust them? They seem kind, but it could be an act! No.. maybe not. They didn't know me.. how are they just okay with a girl in all black!? Doesn't that seem a least a little suspicious?"
I mouthed as I paced in circles for about 5 minutes. Nothing, that entire time I was ranting, nothing came out.
I sighed. At least I could still hear and feel my warm breath being pushed out. I don't know how to feel anything other than sadness now, though.. I can't speak and I have to constantly hide myself..

3rd person POV

Y/N was going to go back to the house where the others were now. She spent enough time out there and it was only going to make her more depressed being alone. She slipped her cloak, hood, and mask back on, then made her way back. She noticed, as she walked back that Zen and Shirayuki weren't too far away. There was no way that those two would have seen or hear her, so she knew she was safe to listen to their conversation... or give them a little scare.
Y/N could see that Shirayuki was stuck to a tree by her hair. There was strand that was a bit longer than the others. Shirayuki had asked Zen to cut it off which Zen agreed to, but he did it on one condition. He asked why she ran away. Her response was quite funny to which Y/N giggled about. It wasn't exactly the response Shirayuki was looking for. Shirayuki told Zen, "you're a terrible person"! Jokingly, of course.. They couldn't hear Y/N's voice but they could have heard her breath bouncing up and down. Y/N waited until Shirayuki explained her reason before she went to say hi to the two. It was unbelievable! Yet.. completely believable... that Prince Raji from Tanbarun... he was going to make Shirayuki his concubine because of the color of her hair! It was so bad that she had to leave!
Ugh.. I knew that prince was bad but I didn't think he would force her to be his wife... But at least he isn't like Prince Dominic..
Y/N gasped after she had heard the end. Unfortunately, she gasped too loudly and she was found.