Chapter 3- First day of new school

I slept in my room itself. Someone was knocking at my door. I got up from my bed clumsily and opened the door. My eyes still didn't open properly. I rubbed my eyes. It was Shane. I don't know why I did this but I threw my arms around him and said 'Good morning Shaney.'

He pushed me away and said 'We have to get a few things straight before we leave for school.'

I nodded sleepily.

He pulled me towards the washroom and splashed a mug of water on my face. I was wide awake now. I really wanted to punch him for splashing water on my face but it's okay. I have to be nice to him.

'Thank you for waking me up Shane.' I said smiling. Now he looks surprised. Maybe he is surprised by the fact that I didn't shout at him.

He shook his head and said 'So nobody in school should know we both live together.'

'Why?' I asked.

'I don't know. Nobody should know. Remember that.' He said.

I nodded.

'You will stay out of my way.' He said.

'I can't do that.' I said and tried to run away.

He held my top and pulled me closer to him.

'And why exactly can't you do that?' he asked.

'Leave me.' I said and tried running.

'Erika I don't have time for jokes.' He said.

'Just leave me.' I say.

'You will stay out of my way.' He ordered.

'I won't.' I replied stubbornly.

'Erika you are seriously getting on my nerves.' He said. His voice sounds dangerous.

'Dad!!! Can you come here for a second!?' I shouted. Still Shane's was close to me.

'Aren't you scared of anything?' I ask him.

'I am not like you coward boyfriend.' He said.

'Shane....please let me go. I don't want to be late on my first day.' I pleaded.

'You just promise you will stay out of my way and I will leave you.' He said.

'Fine. If you are stubborn I am more stubborn.' I say and stood quietly close to him. He sighed. His breath was warm. He hasn't even taken a bath but still he smells so good. I look at his face. He has a perfect face. His eyelashes are long. Not that long but they are long. His eyes are so beautiful. His brown eyes. His full lips. My god!!! How can someone be so perfect?

'What are you looking at?' he asked without even looking at me.

'Nothing.' I replied.

Uncle burst into the room and looked at me and Shane. He chuckled.

'What are you guys doing?' he asked.

'Nothing dad.' Shane said and let go of me.

'I hope you both weren't fighting.' He asked.

'No uncle not at all.' I replied smiling.

'Good. Come on Shane. Let her get ready.' Uncle said. Shane followed uncle and glared at me for one last time. 

I took a bath. Thank god I bought my lavender body wash. I washed my hair too. I took out a pair of black jeans from the bag of clothes which we bought yesterday. I removed the price tag and put the pants on. I looked for a good top. I saw a light blue crop top. This will do. I wore it. I was ready. I picked up my bag and ran downstairs.