Chapter 30- Best Boyfriend Ever!

I sat on the couch overthinking about everything and regretting everything. Luke sat beside me. 

'What's wrong?' He asked softly.

'Nothing.' I replied barely audible. 

'Tell me.' He said and turned my face towards him.

'I don't know Luke. Shane is just acting so....' I broke down into tears before I could complete. 

'Hey hey! Don't cry.' Luke said wiping away the tears off my face.

'I just don't know Shane says that he likes me. I love him but just as a friend. He keeps on saying that I will be the one for him!'

'I don't know!! I don't want him to wait for me. I want him to be happy.' I whined.

'I like you! Why doesn't he get it?! I want him to be my friend! Like we were! He now confessed and made everything worse.' 

'He's always saying that our relationship will be temporary. I don't want it to be temporary!!!' 

'I like him just as a friend. But now I am regretting because I can't do anything. I feel like I am hurting him. I am the reason of his sorrow.' I said and my eyes filled up with tears again.  

I looked at Luke. He looked at me lovingly.

'I am mad. I am talking about all this with you.' I wailed.

'You can always talk to me. I am your friend too. I want to be everything for you.' He said.

I just stared at him with teary eyes.

'You are so naive.' He said looking at me as if I was adorable or something.

'It's your choice whom you decide to love. You can't get upset over little things like these. It's totally alright. Shane will eventually understand everything. He is just freaked out. You stay calm. You have done nothing wrong. You aren't hurting him. Don't blame yourself.' he said and kissed my cheek. I hugged him tightly. 

When I let go of him, I saw a part of his t-shirt got wet with my tears. 

'Sorry.' I said.

'It's alright.' He replied with a smile.

'You feeling better now?' he asked with a wide smile.

'Yeah.' I said. His words really make me feel better.

'Anyways I had something for you!' He said and pulled me into his room.

He rummaged through the closet and took out something wrapped in black paper.  He handed it over to me. I tore it. He looked at me eagerly. I smiled to myself. 

It had a red top. This is so cute!!!!!!!! 

'I- Just thought you would look good in red.' He said rubbing the back of his neck. 

'I love it.' I said.

'There's one more.' He said and handed me another package. It had a pair of black jeans. I literally love him. 

'You can wear these to school. Just go and take a bath.' He said. I hurriedly took a bath. Fuck I forgot my clothes. I peeked out of the bathroom. Luke wasn't here. I tip toed outside the bathroom to take my clothes with a towel wrapped around my body. 

I was just five centimeters away from the bathroom, I heard whistling. My body froze. The whistling stopped. I managed to turn my head. Luke was standing there with his mouth slightly open. I tried saying something but I don't think he can hear me.