Chapter 41- A Chaotic Breakfast

While Luke slept. I sat there wondering whether I deserve Luke or not. I heard footsteps. I turned and saw Shane. He wore a blank look on his face. He looked at Luke.

'Is he alright?' He whispered in my ear.

I nodded in response.

Luke's head turned a little.

'Let's talk outside.' Shane suggested.

We both walked out. 

'What did the doctor say?' he asked me.

'His condition is stable.' I answered.

'That's good.' He said.

'Yup.' I replied to him

'I am sorry about yesterday.' Shane apologized.

'For what?' I asked.

'For hitting Luke.' He replied.

'Can you just explain what happened?' I asked.

'UH- I hit Luke so hard that he fell on the ground and his head hit the ground hard. So his head started to bleed.' He replied. 

'Why did you hit him??' I asked.

'I don't know but I felt the urge to hit him.' he replied with a sigh

'I- Ugh! I don't even know what to say.' I said. His head faced the floor. 

'You really need to control your anger.' I added shaking my head in sorrow.

'Sorry.' He apologized.

I didn't reply. 

'Erika just forgive me.' He said.

'Shane just promise me you won't ever hurt Luke again.' I said folding my hands.

'I won't.' He replied.

'Good.' I said patting his head. 

'You hungry?' He asked.

'Nope.' I lied.

'I know you are. Come on.' he said getting a firm hold of my wrist.

'But Luke-' I said. 

'He is sleeping. Moreover there are people here who will take care of him.' He said and pulled me out of there.

We went to the best waffles place. The waffles arrived. They looked so delicious. It was topped with whipped cream, Belgian chocolate-fudge syrup and strawberries and berries were falling all over the place. I am gonna cry! It's so beautiful. 

I took a bite. It tastes so heavenly. 

I ate it slowly and felt every taste in my mouth. The sweet flavor of the waffles, The chocolate........ Do I even need to say anything about chocolate? The salty and sweet flavor of the berries! It all tastes so good together. I am so lost in these waffles. 

All of a sudden, I heard Shane chuckle. My eyes gave him a questioning look.

'What?' I ask swallowing a bite.

'You got a little-' He said and put a finger on the left corner of his lips. 

'Huh?' I said and started wiping it. He laughed and bent forward. His hands reached the left corner of my lips. He wiped off the whipped cream and wiped his hands in the napkin. 

When his skin came in contact with mine, I have to say it gave me goose bumps. I don't know why. 

'So yesterday you were having a dream about me?' I asked grinning.