Chapter 10- One Date

'I know about you alright? You just use girls. so what do you want from me?' I asked and looked coldly in his eyes. I have to say I don't have a cold stare like Shane but it will do.

'One date.' He said. that is okay.

'Fine. When?' I asked.

'Tomorrow.' He replied. This was a lot easier than I thought.

I nodded.

'I will give you the details tomorrow.' He said. we both reached my home. I ran inside. He gave me a flying kiss but I ignored it and went inside.

Dad saw me drenched in water and dried my hair with a towel. I ran into my room still the workers were working I sat in the living room bored. Dad, uncle and Shane were talking about football and I was sitting there clueless. I took out my phone and checked my messages. Sia's last message had a lot of exclamation marks. Aiden's last message also had a lot of exclamation marks. I saw a request. It was Jacob. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ignored his friend request and opened Sia's message. She had messaged that how could I agree to go on a date with Jacob. Aiden was also asking about the same thing. How did they find out??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked them that and they said that its all over the ninth grade. Jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so dead. I accepted his request and wrote-

HOW DARE YOU SPREAD IT ALL OVER THE NINTH GRADE??! YOU TAKE ME AS A JOKE?! YOU KNOW WHY I AGREED TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU?? BECAUSE I WANT YOU OFF MY BACK!!! I HATE YOU!!!

To this he just replied 'LOL' what the fuck!!!!!!!!! Just tomorrow then this all will be over.

Shane threw a confused look at me. I slipped into the attic and sat down to study. After studying for a long time I stretched my body. Suddenly the lights went out.

'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I shouted. Its dark. Its dark everywhere!! I am in the attic!!! There will be a ghost!!! I am so scared!!! I am alone!!! The ghost will possess my soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard hurried footsteps.

'Erika where are you?' I heard Shane's voice. A flash of light caught my eye. I ran towards the flash of light. I saw Shane's face. I hugged him without saying anything. He hugged me back.

'Erika I can't stay away from you.' He said in a faint voice.

'Me neither.' I replied. My phone rang which bought us both back into the reality. He moved away from me and I picked up the call. It was an unknown number.

'Hello?' the voice said. I know that stupid voice.

'What do you want Jacob?' I ask annoyed.

'Meet me tomorrow after school in the mew's café.' He said.

'Fine! You could have messaged me that. Remember I have just agreed to go on a date with you so I can get you off my back.' I said. He is totally not my type.

'I will try and make out the best of it.' He said.

I hung up without saying anything more.

'Date?' Shane looked at me coldly again.

'Yeah. He said he will get off my back if I go on a date with him.' I replied. I hope Shane understands.

'You are so stupid!!! He will want more of you!!' he said anxiously.

'Shane just calm down.' I said putting a hand on his but he jolted away his hand roughly.

'You are seriously going on a date with that jerk??!!!' he asked angrily.

'Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I will be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I exclaimed.

'You are just stupid Erika.' He said and walked away. I was alone in the dark. I lay on my bed and fell asleep without having any food.

The next morning my eyes opened at five thirty am. I saw Shane's bed empty. Maybe he is gone for practice. I freshen up hurriedly and went to the playground. I saw Shane practicing. I smiled. He saw me but ignored.

I sat on the bench and watched him play. It is pretty boring to watch someone practice but I enjoy seeing him practice. After a while when he was done he went past me without saying a word. I almost had to run to keep up with him. He still kept walking fast. His long muscular legs took long strides. I was breathing heavily I couldn't even speak a word to him.

I reached home and sat on the couch.

'Can I get a glass of water?' I asked Shane. He gave me a blank look and went away. God!!!

I get up and drink a glass of cold water. I took a bath and got dressed for school. Shane looked at me during breakfast. He left for school earlier.

When I reached school everyone started whispering. It was definitely creepy. Sia and Aiden walked towards me hurriedly. They both pulled me towards the class. I asked them a million times that what the matter was but they looked dumbfounded. When I reached the class I saw everyone sitting far away from Shane. He was sitting in the wall side row and no one else was sitting in that row. My eyes fell on Jacob who looked like he had been beaten. Wait. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walked to Jacob and saw his left cheek having four marks of fingers. He looked scared. I put a hand on his shoulder which made him jump. He got on his knees and said 'I am sorry!! I will never bother you again!! Or any other girl!! Please stay away from me.' He ran away from the class. I was scared now. Did Shane beat him up?

I looked at him. He isn't looking at me. I sat with Aiden and Sia.

'He hit him so badly. Did you look at him?' Sia said surprised.

'Serves him right for just playing with girls.' Aiden said. Why does Aiden takes Shane's side? I don't have any problem in that but.....

'Are you serious Aiden? He doesn't have any right to beat him up.' Sia hissed angrily at Aiden.

'Can't we just drop this topic?' I asked. They both would start fighting because of this silly topic.

The whole day I didn't have any eye contact with Shane. During lunch Shane was sitting alone. I went to sit with him.

'Did you beat Jacob?' I asked.

'Yes.' He said and took a bite of mashed potatoes from my plate. I could feel my ears going red.

'Why?' I asked and hid my red ears by making my hair fall over my ears.

'He is a jerk. His intentions weren't right.' He said and munched on my bread.

'What will I eat?' I asked. He is going to finish my whole food.

'I bought lunch for you.' He said and pushed a lunch box towards me. I opened it and saw grilled meat sandwiches.

I don't know what to say. This was such a caring gesture.

'You shouldn't eat this dump served here.' He said and continued eating food from my plate. I munched on the sandwich slowly while looking at him. He is eating from my plate. I pushed the sandwich towards his mouth. He took a bite looking right into my eyes.

'You are a good cook.' I said without looking at him. He really is. He deserves appreciation.

He didn't thank me. I glanced at his face. His face wore a small smile. His smile said it all. I smile looking at his face. The lunch got over.

'Why is Shane acting like he cares about you?' Sia asked me.

'He is not acting.' I say and blush. I don't mean to blush.

'Are you seriously blushing?' she asked me. Why does everyone focus so much on my face?

'No I am not.' I said and look down.

Aiden just smirked looking at me.

Hey guys!

Thank you for reading!!

Don't forget to Vote! Comment! and Share!