Chapter 50- The Return of Ethan

UGH!! Should I pick it up!? Or not!? Alright Erika! Breathe!

'Who is on the phone?' Luke asked sleepily.

'Wrong number.' I replied.

'Just hang it up!' He said and wrapped his hands around my waist.

I hung up and switched off my phone. I lay beside Luke and interlocked his fingers with mine. I sighed.

Why did he call me? Maybe he dialed my number by mistake? Yeah. That's totally what happened. Let's just hope for the best.

I snuggled my head on Luke's chest and drifted to sleep.

The next day a burning smell reached my nose. I ran my hand around the bed to search for Luke. Alright! He isn't here!! The burning smell!!! He's definitely cooking!!!!

I ran towards the kitchen and found the kitchen full of smoke. Luke was coughing. I couldn't see clearly through the smoke. Luckily I found the window and opened it. The smoke faded away slowly.

'What the hell Luke!!!! Just don't cook!!! You are not good at it!!' I yelled at him. Like literally! Every time he cooks, the food gets burned! And he ends up coughing like an old man!

'That was rude.' He said.

'What I meant was you are going to hurt yourself.' I told him. He smiled.

I grabbed a towel and wiped his sweaty face.

'Thank you.' He said looking at me.

'Anytime.' I replied.

'So what's for breakfast?' I asked throwing the towel in the laundry basket.

'Burnt pancakes.' He replied grinning nervously.

'I will get the cereal.' I told him.

'I will get the milk.' He said.

We both sat down and ate breakfast. Sugary cereals are the best!

Luke finished up his breakfast and said 'I am gonna go and shower.'

I am a slow eater. A really slow eater-

'What am I gonna wear?!' I asked him with my mouth full of sugary cereals. Lord- I am embarrassing aren't I?

He chuckled softly and said 'You might find something of your size in my closet.'

He's wrong-

He entered the bathroom. I sat alone eating my cereal. I heard the water hitting the floor. Oooh!! He's showering....

No! Not now!

I shook those thoughts off my mind and got up. I went to his room and looked inside his closet. There's nothing of my size in here!!

I heard the bathroom door unlock. I turned around and saw him in grey shorts and black vest. I know I am staring at him. Someone please hit me with a stick on my head-

'Did you find something?' Luke asked.

'No.' I replied.

'Oh let me look.' He said softly pushing me aside with his bare shoulder.

His skin came in contact with mine. It sent shocks throughout my body-

He took out a black t-shirt with BELIEVE written on it in bold white words.

'This?' I asked.

He nodded.

'It won't fit in!' I exclaimed.