Chapter 46- Secret Out

The next few days were quiet good. For all of us. Luke had almost recovered and had gone home. To Luke's relief, his grandma left too. He was literally relieved. His grandma went on telling me tales of his childhood which made him go red. Our school was first in the soccer league. So Shane was satisfied too. He was obviously the best player on the team. I am really proud of him. Sia and Aiden.....Well they just need each other to be happy. So yeah- They are good too. I don't give a shit about Mae, but she's pretty good too because she has Shane with her. 

As for me- It's going pretty well because Luke's alright, Shane is happy too, my job is going good and my studies are going better than I expected. Just- Dad is not back yet. To be honest I miss him. I miss his long and boring lectures. No matter how much he scolded me, he truly cared about me. Maybe he is hard on me because he loves me. I wish he got back soon. 

Today is another Sunday. I am working my ass off in the bakery. 

'Order of table four.' Someone called out. I took the plate and placed it on the customer's table. My eyes crawled towards the door then popped out of my skull. SHANE!!!!!!!???????????

What the hell is he doing here?!!!!!!

I grabbed my bag and started to walk out from the back door.  I felt someone grab my bag. I turned around and saw Mr. Jay looking at me angrily.

'Where do you think you are going?' He growled.

'Uh-um my little brother is sick.' I made up.

'You have a little brother?' He asked.

I nodded.

'What's his name?' He enquired.

'Uh- Ro-robb-Robert?' I managed to answer. 

'LIAR!!!!!! Get back to work!' he said and pushed me inside.  

I stood there glumly. 

'What's your problem? You look dull.' Dane asked me.

'Nothing I am good.' I lied and tried to look cheerful.

I opened my hair and let it fall down my shoulders. It had grew a bit. Someone whistled. 

I saw Candice standing there with folded hands. 

'Planning to kill some men today?' She asked.

'No. Shane's here. I am trying to hide.' I explained.

'Oh no. Wait a minute.' She said and disappeared.

She appeared again with her bag. She took out a cap from it. 

'Here you go.' She said placing the cap over my head. 

'And these.' She said pushing a pair of spectacles on my face.

'And yeah this mask.' She said handing me over the mask.

'Mask? You carry a mask?' I asked scoffing.

'Yeah! I need to protect my face from dust and germs.' She said with a sigh.

I just chuckled in response. Candice showed me a mirror. I look completely different. There is no way Shane is gonna recognize me.

'Girl, the specs just made you hotter.' She said shaking her head in surprise.

'Oh come on.' I said blushing.

'Is that you Erika?' Dane asked. He pops out of no where-

'Yeah babe. It's her.' Candice replied instead of me.