Ch.9: Hatred.

Song: Rabbit Hole - AViVA

“C-Can I come in?” the little girl speaks again against the door.

Her friend locked himself in the room while he was hyperventilating, he was having another psychotic episodes, right now, he was feeling overwhelming depressed and he didn’t want her to see him like this.

“N-No!” he yells from inside “Leave… please, leave me alone” he sobs “I-It won’t take long… I-I swear…”

“B-But—”

“Little pea” the other girl places a hand on her shoulder “We need to leave to look for supplies… maybe when we come back he’ll be better…”

The girl stares at the door for a second, she hates being able to heal any wound but being useless when it comes to her friend depression.

“Let’s go…”

She looks at the door one last time and nods “Let’s go”

The white haired girl grabs her hand and takes her away from the building where they lived, she tried so hard to prevent a smile to appear on her lips. This was her chance to take her away from him.

They walk through the silent streets with caution, the sky was covered with clouds indicating an upcoming rain meaning two things… if it was only a rain, then they could walk freely without fearing the ghouls that get confused on the rain but if it was a heavy storm then they should find a shelter before the storm starts since it agitated the ghouls driving them wilder than normal.

The sound of a thunder resounds lightly on the city as the girls enter into a shop for supplies.

“It looks like a storm” the white haired girl looks through the broken window “We should lock ourselves on the closet here” she looks at the other girl that seemed distracted while putting things on her backpack “Pea?” she frowns.

“I’m sorry” she mutters “I heard you, but I can’t leave him alone… I would understand if you want to stay” she closes her backpack and turns to look at her.

“B-But you shouldn’t, the ghouls will get you before you walk into the street and besides, didn’t you just said that the storm scared you? Wouldn’t you rather to cuddle on the closet with me? I-I’ll keep you safe until the storm goes away”

“It does scare me” she smiles at her “But in his state it may unsettle him more”

A loud thunder resounds on the street followed by the screams of the ghouls on the streets.

The white haired girl was afraid of going outside, she could already see the ghouls running from one side to the other without having trouble on attacking each other. She could only watch her exiting the shop while running back to the building… running back to him...

She couldn’t understand why she trusted him, men aren’t trust worthy, she should stay with her instead. Shaking her head, she clarifies her mind and decides to go after her.

She refuses to give up on her. She will make her see that he is not a good person, she will convince her to abandon him and go to the S City with her.

●○●○●○●○

Sveta opens her eyes as she sits up on her bed, it was early in the morning and her shift was about to start. She looks at her tablet seeing the requests of the doctors to help them out to check on a dangerous experiment. She stares mindlessly at the screen hoping to see her name but she didn’t page her…