Chapter 2 *revised

Selena - POV.

"So what did he look like?" 

My eyes flickered to meet the lady in the suit whose standing beside the king. "It doesn't matter what he looked like— he is not the one trying to kill me. He's just a normal guy," I justified. I seemed to be more sure of that now than when I was back at his place. Apparently, the whole palace was on a secret search warrant, looking for a non-existent princess after I disappeared after the explosions at the town library. They told me about how someone placed the bombs, intending to have me killed.

This was the first time something like this happened to me, and Dad and Mom were freaking out. They tried so hard to keep me away from the world until I become of age, and that was two more years. 

"Selena, someone out there knows about you. Right now, you need to tell her about every person you associated yourself with," Dad butts in, his tone getting annoyed and frustrated. I winced and stared at Elena after she kicked my leg under the table, urging me to tell. 

The thing was, I didn't want them to know. I want to keep him away from this. Would they do something to him? Hurt him? All I knew was that he saved my life, whereas the next morning, I threw a knife at his chest in return. 

"That man you're hiding from us could be the one sent after you," that lady said, and I frowned. 

"If he is, he would've killed me in my sleep—" 

"You slept with him?!" Elena gasped, her eyes opened rounder than a ball. 

"No!" 

"—Enough!" The King bawled, looking at Elena and then me. He let out a soft frustrated sigh before speaking again. "Selena, darling. You need to tell us everything. What the hell? Did you go to his house? Did you even know who he was? And what exactly happened yesterday? Elena told us you had disappeared somewhere. Where did you go?" 

"His name was Leo— something, I don't exactly remember what he looked like–" Lies. I remembered exactly what he looked like and exactly what his fake name was as well. How could someone be so bad at lying? "He was the guy from the library— Elena, you tell them," I looked over to Elena and gestured for her to continue. Her eyes wobbled in search of memory and jumped in realization. 

"What?!" Elena whispered-yelled at me, glancing over at the King and the lady who was already typing down into her iPad. "You mean the Harry Potter guy?!" She hissed, questioning me in shock. 

I nodded blandly, and she quickly straightened herself up and cleared her throat. "He was good-looking. Maybe around five-foot-ten? Black hair, jeans, combat boots, stubble, a deep British accent..."