Chapter 40

LIAM - POV.

(Back at the suite)

"Isn't it obvious?" I snickered, falling onto the white sofa and crossing my legs on the tea table.

The main suite door closed behind Taylor, who dropped her coat and hung it beside the door.

"Uhm, Ish-u obvious," Harry agreed while chowing down a mouth-filled macaron. He joined me on the sofa and raised both his legs onto the tea table, crossing his ankles. 

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, tilting her head to look at me and Harry. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Zayn and the American princess, can't you tell?" I shrugged, quickly reading her almost-shocked facial expression when I empathized with the princess's label.

"Y- you guys know?" Taylor said, swaying a finger between Harry and me.

I almost burst out cackling laughter, but I knew this was serious, so I held it. "It's almost too obvious, Tay. You know it."

Taylor took in a shaky breath, rushing down onto the couch in front of us. "This cannot go out," Taylor quietly stated, skipping the 'How'd you know' and her pointy finger wavering in front of her face as a warning. "Not even to Mariah, no one can know about this. No one."

"Zayn can't be getting himself into shit like this," I said, chewing the insides of my mouth and shaking my head.

"We know him, Liam. Things like this barely happen, the guy's head is in work and professionalism. This has to be something more."

"You're right, babe," Harry agreed, nodding. "This time he's changed, it's like he's a whole different person around her. She's changed him. She's the first girl who could peel him."

"But it's not gonna end well, not with something like this," I stated, knowing very well how this will go and how it'll end. I know Zayn knows it as well. I can't help but feel the anger surging up my body. 

Ding!

We all jerked up from our comfort and watched as the door opened.

They're back?

"Well–" Harry's voice broke into a cough and all our smiles broke down when our division commander walked into the suite, two armed agents entering behind her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Where's the princess?" Maria questioned, walking towards our little circle. She stared directly at all of us which was clearly impossible, but somehow she did. 

Harry's jaw tightened and his back straightened. "She's still out with Zayn. Breakfast."

"How many times are you gonna lose her like that?" Mariah's voice stung like a knife with the sharpest edge. Of course, she knew. She's like our super strict mother who could easily sense anything wrong with her kids.

"Look, if you're here to lecture us about the princess running away then I suggest next time-"

"What exactly happened?" Mariah cut Harry off as she stared directly at Taylor, her eyes serious. Harry's mouth parted and he scoffed in frustration, running his hand down his face.

"She wanted to find a souvenir shop and since no one was awake at that time, she went by herself," I stepped in and told Mariah, glancing at Taylor who gave me a nod of relief.