Chapter 35

Took you like a shot
Thought that I could chase you with a cold evening
Let a couple of years water down how I'm feeling about you.

- Selena Gomez

SELENA - POV.

After making myself a simple meal for lunch, I made my way upstairs into my room. There were a lot of things in my head right now, wondering for all the answers. I'm still shocked about how the guy - I've been ridiculously in love with - just kissed me, seemingly admitting that he felt the same way. 

I'm not even sure what he meant by that kiss. He hadn't made it clear - to whether he also has feelings for me or he's taking advantage of my confession. I shouldn't have yelled at him like that.

I slumped down on the side of my bed and a frown played as my facial expression. What's with the note he left? - I looked at my nightstand, checking out the time and my heart started picking up speed. I suddenly realized that there was something wrong.

I stood up and started pacing back and forth beside my bed, wondering what could be happening to the guys right now. They were supposed to be back by now. It's 1 in the evening, and they're not even here yet. Is it supposed to take that long?

I started to grow worried as crazier thoughts crossed my mind. It's not supposed to take this long, my subconscious keeps telling me. I glanced down at the piece of paper that was in between my fingers and felt my breath tremble. I read the note left by 'Z' a few times already. How could he leave me a note that almost sounds like a goodbye? What a horrible move.

I felt my head start to throb slowly because of all the thinking I was doing. I shouldn't have let him kiss me last night, maybe then, I wouldn't care so much. —This is ridiculous, if something happened to them, aren't there supposed to be people coming to get me? 

This was the only question that could give me hope. If they're 'dead' - my head almost burst every time I think of that word and the guys together - then there would be people coming to get me out of here, but no one is here so there's still a chance—

My bedroom door creak opened and a figure stepped in. I stopped pacing and stared at the messed-up guy. Zayn was standing there - slightly invading my room - looking at me with tired eyes. His hair was a mess, falling all over the place, and there were a few cuts on his cheeks and forehead. 

I stood there, blinking back my happy tears. I've never felt more relieved in my whole life, seeing him again was something I was scared I would never get to do again. "You're back," I managed to bring out the words that got stuck in the back of my throat for a few seconds. 

"I'm back," He smiled a small smile. I let out a sharp breath and couldn't help my smile. Oh my God. The next thing I did was completely the opposite of what I said last night, is it possible that this guy can make me say something and my body would react differently?