Chapter 24

I've been down the darkest alleys
saw the dark side of the moon,
to get to you, to get to you...

- Selena Gomez 

SELENA - POV.

"Just let him rest a bit, the venom will die down soon," The lady named Trishen said with a smile. I glanced over to Zayn who was laying in the hammock, his eyes shut. Trishen had treat Zayn with something that look like a bunch of leaves, she cut them up and gently rub on the wound. 

She said he got bitten by a snake which happens to be not so dangerous if you can treat it in time. For the whole time, she was treating him, my hands were gripping hard onto Zayns. I watched as he stared at me with his tired eyes. His lips were now brighter, but before this, it was scary pale. 

I was worried to death, scared for his life. I don't know what I would do if this lady didn't come in time. I didn't care who she was, she was good to me, so I thank her.

"You don't know how much this means to me," I said, grabbing her hand as I put on an appreciative smile.

"It's not a problem at all, dear," The lady nodded, holding my hand. I looked at her, searching her eyes briefly and examining her facial looks. 

Right away, I noticed how strongly familiar she looks to me. It was like I've seen her somewhere before. I wasn't completely sure but she looks like someone, someone I know, which makes her familiar. 

"Have you eaten anything yet?" The lady asked, making me break out of my creepy stare. 

"Umm, I haven't-" 

"Oh, dear! You should've told me!" Trishen exclaimed, rushing towards the small wooden house. "Wait there!" She yells before going into her small house. 

I let out a small sigh before sitting down in front of the campfire. I tuck my legs in, pressing my knees to my chest and resting my chin on my knee. I manage to slip on a small smile as I watch the sparks of fire grazing the air. 

The heat was warming up my chill skin and calming my mind. Everything was suddenly so quiet, all I could hear was my slow beating heart and the sound of fire crackling through the wood. 

The sky was dark and still, there were many stars in the sky, all twinkling its lights to show off its beauty. I couldn't tell whether it was almost midnight or past. My mind tries to recall everything that happened but somehow everything was messed up.