Chapter 5 *revised

Is there a place where I can hide away?
Red lips, french kiss my worries all away.

- Selena Gomez

Selena - Pov.

A few days ago, Dad told me about getting bodyguards to protect me. The thought of people watching my every move and following me everywhere was driving me insane, but knowing that there was gonna be more than one of them and that I would have to leave the palace to live somewhere else was worst.

It wasn't me to argue with him because I knew he wanted the best for me. All my dad had ever wanted was for his only daughter to be safe. And I couldn't fight with that.

"Did he tell you where you were gonna go?"

"He said he doesn't know," I looked over to Elena and she sighed at my answer. We were both having a little goodbye bonding time in the back garden where we were picking out petals from flowers.

"Damn, I'm so sorry," She muttered, putting her arm around my shoulder and pulling me into a side hug. I sniffled back a tear and forced out a smile against her shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you, bro," I told her and we laughed.

Elena squeezed me tighter before letting out. "Yeah, me too obviously— I mean, we can still talk all time especially when you won't have any royal tutoring to attend."

"Yeah, the only good part about this I guess," I acknowledge, hoping this would make me feel better about going away. Oh, wait. "We can't talk all the time! You have to take over my 'becoming queen' royal tutoring! You won't have time," I added in realization.

Ever since the incident at the library happened, the King decided to have Elena take the 'Becoming Queen' lessons too. In any case, if something might happen to me, they will still have Elena as a backup.

Elena was never blood-related to the royal family, but my parents have raised her ever since she was born and took her like her own, and because of that, I have a best friend. We were around the same age, and unlike other kids, I got along well with her. We'd talk about all sorts of things growing up, and she's also the one who taught me everything non-royal related.

"Oh, right— but don't worry, we'll figure something out. Maybe those people aren't that bad?" Elena shrugged, giving me that hopeful look in the most hopeless situation.

"I didn't say anything about them being bad. I just know they're going to be serious, and boring as hell, unlike you— I can't live with them!"

"Oh come on— You haven't even met them," She encouraged, pushing my arm playfully. I gave her a side-eye.

"I haven't met them, that's why I'm doubtful but I wonder if you've had since you have so much aspiration of what they're like," I inquired, looking suspiciously at Elena, who looked shocked.