Chapter 21

A/N: Listen and enjoy! :)

Selena - Pov.

My breathing hitches as I tripped on a rock, gripping onto Zayn's jacket and fighting the pain from my ankle. My lungs tightened as I tried to breathe. We've been running for about 5 minutes now and everything inside my body was about to be destroyed if we keep doing so. 

The tree branches slapped me, cutting it into the flesh of my face as I dashed past it. I tried to avoid that so I kept my head low. I couldn't afford to be alive with all the scars that could be caused by these little sticks. 

I couldn't see Zayn's face but I can tell he wasn't feeling any better, maybe a little better since he probably ran more than five minutes before. The gunshot had stopped a few minutes ago but just to make sure we're far from them, Zayn decided that we should continue running.

Distracted by my thoughts, I tripped on another rock and fell onto Zayn. He stopped running and held me as I tried to stay on my feet. "Are you okay?" he asked, holding onto my forearm. 

For once, I was grateful that Zayn actually made me wear these jungle boots. If I hadn't wear these, my feet will probably be rotten with wounds. "My feet hurt," I mumbled, fighting back the tears that wanted to burst out of my eyes. 

Zayn clenched his jaw as he unbuckles his knee so that he was kneeling down in front of me. I quickly tuck the hair that was falling down the side of my face behind my ear as I looked down at what he was doing. 

The guy gently took off the boots and lifted my feet by my ankle. "Here?" He asked, gently tapping my left ankle, making the surge of pain strike up to my thighs. "It's not that bad," He mumbled, making take in a deep breath. I wonder how bad is it to be called bad.

I nodded and he groaned looking back down at it. My hands rested on Zayn's shoulder, urging for the balance my body needed to stay standing. 

Zayn soon stood up and held my forearm, giving me balance to replace his shoulder. "We can't be standing around here, let's go find a place to where I could treat you," He said, looking around at our surroundings. 

I slowly nodded as he stared back at me. "here," Zayn slowly turned around and bend a little. "Get on my back," He insisted, looking back at me. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck and hop onto his back, ignoring the pain that my injured ankle caused.

He glanced back at me, seeing if I was ready before he started walking downhill. His eyes were glancing around through the trees and thick bushes like an eagle. My hair was dangling over the side of his face, probably annoying him a little but I didn't care.