Chapter 23

I've been running through the jungle
I've been running with the wolves
to get to you, to get to you...

- Selena Gomez

SELENA - POV.

The orange-reddish ball of fire peeked from behind the hills, burning above the trees. Though by color, the sun wasn't hot at all. The calm wind brushes against my side, blowing strips of my hair into my face.

I should be annoyed by the fact that I have to constantly shove the hair behind my ear, but I wasn't. The smile was stuck on my lips and got even bigger when I glanced down, seeing Zayn holding my hand. That was annoying, having to blush whenever I look at it. So annoying, that I even have to distract myself from looking at it.

Zayn would constantly look back at me but out of nowhere, I would always quickly look away. The fact that he saw me naked still bothered me, I've been trying my best to avoid him but he seems to always get to me. 

He knew I was avoiding him and that's probably why he came up with this 'going horse riding' thing. He knew I wouldn't refuse that, which is true if anyone called me horse riding, I wouldn't even hesitate. I couldn't believe he used that as his advantage.

We have been walking for a few minutes now, passing a few farmhouses. We soon arrived at another farm, no different from the ones before. This one doesn't have a gate, it's open. Zayn turned around and smiled at me before walking into the farm. 

A man was milking his cows in the stables. He seems to be in his 60s or something since he had full white hair. The guy looked up, raising his brows at us. 

"Uncle John!" Zayn called out, raising one of his hands. We stopped a bit further away from the stables, not wanting to inhale the strong scent of cow shit that was already in the air. 

"Zayn?" The old man, who was named John asked. His American accent was clearly shown, which means he's not Zayn's biological uncle. "Is that you, buddy?" 

I couldn't help but giggle to myself. The way he calls Zayn, sounds like he's calling a dog.

"Has my' accent change that much?" Zayn asked, chuckling. John walked towards us after throwing his gloves off the side. He was very fit for a man around his 60s. His slender brown eyes fell on mine, and a smile slowly entered his lips as he looked me up and down.

"You are a man of your words, son," He laughed, patting Zayn's shoulder. "You did bring your girlfriend," 

My eyebrows raised and looked at Zayn, whose mouth fell open. "Erm, John-"