Chapter 5

5. To All The Things Ahead Of Us

"Get a load of this train-wreck,

His hair's a mess and he 

Doesn't know who he is yet

But little do we know, the stars

Welcome him with open arms."

- Cavetown

....... ....... ...... ...... .....  ....... ......

Your parents were out celebrating New Year with their friends and your sisters were asleep in their room after staying up till eleven(not twelve, but they would think they had since your parents always made the clock one hour fast on New Year's Eve).

You checked in on them one last time after making sure all the doors and windows of the house were locked, then you went outside using the front door, locking it behind you. Mikey was waiting for you at his usual spot a few houses down from where you lived, and he got on his bike when he saw you, feeling too cold to smile and greet you.

You agreed with him a hundred percent and quickly got on too, wanting to get out of the cold fast, and whispered a quick," Let's go." And he did so immediately, your arms around his waist as you leaned on him to get more warmth. 

When you reached Musashi Shrine you saw the familiar faces of the Toman captains and vice-captains as well as Emma. There were, of course, the Kawata twins who were fairly new and Chifuyu. 

Mitsuya offered you a smile only the two of you knew the meaning of and which you returned: good job getting your sisters to sleep and making it here.

They all grinned(except Angry, he looked angry. And Hakkai didn't even utter one word to you or glance away, still nervous), since it had been a while since you last saw them due to exams and school. You all gathered around a fire(that Baji built, apparently he was quite *clears throat* experienced in it).

You ate snacks and drank juice, talking and laughing as Baji shared with you all his grand escapades, waiting for the clock to strike midnight, and counted down the seconds till New Years Day. You cheered as the fireworks started, shouting," HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" 

You were all high on sugar by now, especially Baji as he danced around the fire, and Emma came and stood beside you.

"I know!" You clapped your hands together out of nowhere, surprising Emma," Let's go to the shrine together tomorrow. You can come with Draken, right? And we could meet up!"

"We can!" Emma's eyes sparkled as she laughed," That's a great plan, you literally have a mind of a mastermind, I'm glad I told you about my feelings for him."

"And Emma? You know, if he says yes, you should ask him out again before we go home."

"Really?" She asked you, unsure, and you gave her a nod. She squealed hid her pink cheeks shyly," I mean, if you say so."

Mikey looked around and his eyes met yours," (n/n), what are you and Emma doing there? It's cold, do you wanna freeze to death or something?"

"Mind your own business," Emma retorted, her eyes gleaming as she whispered," We're planning a massive operation for tomorrow."