Chapter 24

A/N: Hewwo!! As some of you might have read in my announcement, I'm going on a family vacation to Bangkok! It'd be really exciting of any of you were from there<3

So this is the last chapter I'll be posting for a while, but I promise as soon as I'm back I'll start updating again so, enjoy!❤❤❤

24. At The Funeral

"Man is least himself when

He talks in his own person.

Give him a mask,

And he will tell you the truth."

-Oscar Wilde

...... ...... ....... ...... ....... ....... ......

Present Time:

When the time for Emma's funeral came around, the Sano household was filled with people coming to pay her their last respect, many of them being students and friends from her school who had grown to love her ever cheerful and bubbly personality.

Mikey and his grandpa sat in the front of the room and you and Draken sat next to each other in the front row.

"This time, my sister Emma..." Mikey said as Draken went up, trailing off as Draken turned to face them.

"I loved Emma," he confessed, proceeding to bow to them." I am very sorry. I couldn't protect her."

His body started shaking as he tried his best to not start crying and you gripped the hem of your shirt.

This was the second time you had attended the funeral of someone close to Mikey, and this was the second time you saw him sitting at the front, calm and collected.

And as everyone excluding Mikey started crying and sobbing, you realized that you hated it. You wished he would just break down and start crying already, sure that it would help him as well as everyone around him.

"I see...you'd taken a liking towards her," Grandpa Sano smiled kindly at Draken," I'm sure she is resting well."

And you hoped she was.

Ever since his talk with your mom and dad, things have been awkward in a way between you and Mikey, and you hated that too. You wished he would just come to you and pour his heart out like he had done so many times these past years.

Still, you gathered all the courage you had left and went up, silently saying your last goodbyes to Emma before turning to face Mikey and Grandpa Sano like Draken had just done.

"I'm so sorry, about everything," you said to both of them," But I'm still here to try and help you through everything."

"(y/n)," their grandfather smiled at you as kindly as he had smiled to Draken," Please continue taking care of my grandson for me and Emma."

"I am willing to help as long as it is fine with you both."

So we were both worried about Mikey, huh? You shook your head lightly as tears filled your eyes once more, and you let your words slip from your mouth before you could go back to your seat.

"Emma was...a wonderful girl."
☆*: .。. .。.:*☆*: .。. .。.:*☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Everyone had already gone home save for you and Draken, who were helping them start clearing out Emma's belongings and rearranging her room.

"Ah, the stuffed toy I made Draken give to Emma when we went to the fair!" You held it up, examining it carefully as you smiled. "I think we can keep this in her room, right?"