Chapter 34

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Here's a last minute Christmas special for you guys❤️✨I hope you have a wonderful day/night, and also the rest of remaining year!

And Happy Holidays to anyone not celebrating Christmas, girlies<3

Hope you enjoy this chapter, leave a comment and vote if you do(⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠)

34. Please, Hurry Leave Me

"And I wonder if
Anyone is really happy.
I hope they are.
I really hope they are."
-Stephen Chbosky
....... ....... ....... ....... ....... .......

"It's kamikaze, whatever you have in mind," you said into the phone one windy October afternoon, leaning on the sill of your window.

The sunlight reflected against the glass windows of the tall city buildings. It had been a week since you last saw Mikey, and though you were still texting back and forth a little, you knew more than ever that he would soon leave you completely behind.

"Kamikaze?" His tone was confused, "What d'ya mean?"

"Nevermind," you mumbled, sighing as you straightened up, turning to go lay down on your bed.

"We'll be okay, you know that?" Mikey spoke after some seconds of silence.

"Yes, I know."

"But I have to leave."

"No, you don't."

"(n/n), you know that I have to."

Your lips trembled in frustration, and you knew there were tears in your eyes: this had been the millionth time you'd tried to talk him out of leaving as you knew he'd be up to God knows what if he did so, and like all times prior, it seemed like you were failing to change his mind.

"Why don't you want me to come with you?"

"It's...it's complicated."

He wanted to add that you would probably get an explanation from his tape in the future, but bit his tongue.

"You're running away."

"I love you, (y/n)."

"Mikey..."

"I have to go, (n/n), I love you."

Wanting to hear you say it back to him one last time, he waited a few seconds until he realized that you wouldn't (or couldn't, if the sniffles he heard from the other side of the line told him anything), and then he hung up.

He left then, but your words always lingered in his mind : Kamikaze, it was a beautiful word. You had told him about it, now it's one of his favourite words.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆: .。. .。.:*☆: .。. .。.:*☆

Mikey watched as you took an uncertain step towards where he was referring to, then slowly inch closer to Shoto until you were sitting a few seats beside the older man.

"Now, what is it that you want to say to us?"

The prompt made you nervous again and at a loss for words, amusing him.

"Well... I'm not sure--that is, I mean, I'm not sure where to start..."

"I see, take however long you need," he leaned back and shifted his gaze to the wall behind you, trying his best to act nonchalant.