Chapter 17

A/N: Hello lovelies! This is another angsty chapter, and there will be mentions of blood, death, gore, murder, and S.A in the end so, this is a warning. I hope you...enjoy, I guess.🙃🙃🙃

17. Millions Of Years Back

"Maybe when we die, the first thing 

We'll say is,' I know this feeling. 

I was here before.'"

- Don DeLillo

....... ....... ....... ...... ...... .......

Future Time:

Sano Manjiro's mind can't help but travel back to the past as he and Takemichi talk inside a ruined building in Manila. It seemed like a million years ago but, really, it has been only fourteen years since he met you and Shinichiro died.

He had been miserable - he still was - but back then it was worse. He dreaded coming out of his room and was angry at all the people that came to pay their respects to his older brother, though he hid his feelings well behind a smile.

Like he always hid them, when his mother died and again when the police told him of Shinichiro's death.

That was when you appeared, like an angel in his darkest hours.

Your eyes traveled across the room as Mitsuya encouraged you to go on, a hesitant, small smile on your lips as your feet lightly made their way towards him. He noticed it all, and though he hadn't been aware of it, he had fallen for you right then and there. When you sat down in front of him, speaking in a voice so gentle and soft, he fell for you.

"Hey, Manjiro," you had said, so much like Shinichiro when he tried to comfort his younger brother whenever he was in a bad place, and he almost broke down right then and there. 

"Manjiro". Mikey loved it when you called him that. It was always when you wanted him to be serious and listen to you. Mostly when your eyes were filled with love for him, when you held him as he spilled his heart out to you. And you had always said it so firmly, so surely, that he always felt complete when you did, always felt love.

"When I killed for the first time," Mikey said as he looked at Takemichi's tear-stained face," I didn't feel anything. To tell the truth, I felt accomplished. What was I supposed to do to the person that took (y/n)'s life? She was only nineteen back then...and I thought that the difficulties of this world can be fixed with murder. All is well when you eliminate those who get in your way."

"You are wrong Mikey!" Takemichi naively protested," You haven't changed Mikey! You are still the same."

"Stop it, Takemicchi."

"I see it in your eyes: Nothing's changed! You didn't change so...so...so stop talking about murder and all that bullshit-"

Mikey grabbed Takemichi by his collar and slammed him on the ground.

"What part of this do you not understand?" He pointed a gun at Takemichi's face," Look at me with those eyes. Take that gun, Takemicchi. If you don't kill me you'll be the one who dies."

Mikey's tears fell on Takemichi's face as he said," We can't go back in time."

There was a long, drawn-out, suffocating silence, then Takemichi heard a loud bang, but he wasn't dead. Instead, when he slowly and hesitantly got up, he saw Mikey's body laying limp beside him.

"Mikey!" He hastily cradled the man in his arms as blood ran down his hands," Mikey! Mikey! Mikey!!"

"Tachibana Naoto, thank you..."