Chapter 23

A/N: 🌈🏳‍🌈HAPPY PRIDE BESTIES!!!🏳‍🌈🌈

I know I kinda got it out here late but hey, it's the whole month innit? 

Prepare for angst, and also spot the fruits in here.

Yes, fruits. I was planning on putting them in since last year, but I never got to reach that part until now, and since it's June I was like, PERFECTTT!!!, and so here we are!

23. The Fruits Of Our Work

"I laughed and said, 'Life is easy.'

What I meant was,

'Life is easy with you here,

And when you leave,

It will be hard again.'

-Miranda July

...... ..... ...... ..... ..... ......

Present Time:

"Should I drop you straight home, (y/n)?" Inui asked as you drove down an isolated street, and you glanced around to observe your surroundings.

A particular turn caught your eye and you shook your head," Can you turn right over there instead?"

"Sure," he did as you said," Where does this lead?"

"Oh, um... (f/n)'s house. I don't think I wanna go home right now."

"Makes sense," he agreed, nodding his head.

"Did you get to talk to Koko?"

"Kinda."

"How did it go?"

"I already knew how stubborn he was, but I never thought he could be downright infuriating."

This made a small giggle escape your lips, and Inui felt his tense shoulders relax a bit.

He had been worried about you the moment him, you, Mikey and Izana stood in front of Shinichiro's grave with tension floating in the air, knowing that this was no such environment a person with your upbringing should be in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he swiftly glanced behind then back at the road again.

"I don't know. This is a lot to sort through, so I'll wait until we reach my friend's house until I try to process things."

"Okay. Which turn should I take next?"

☆*: .。.  .。.:*☆*: .。.  .。.:*☆*: .。.  .。.:*☆

You quietly walked towards (f/n)'s house, trying to not wake her parents or any of her other family members living with them, and quietly knocked on her window to wake her.

"Akihi-...(y/n)?" The curtain was pulled back and (f/n)'s eyes widened in recognition, quickly opening the window. "Come on in. What are you doing here? Is this about Emma? Do you wanna talk about it?"

You climbed in and waved goodbye to Inui, who nodded as he left. Then you turned back to (f/n) and told her what happened, and by the end of it your body was wrecking with muffled sobs and Akihiko was on his way over, running like his life depended on it after (f/n) gave him the short version of what you had just told her.

"Let's get you cleaned up first before anything," she led you to her bathroom," You can borrow my clothes if you want, I'll come in and leave it in the bathroom later."