Chapter 10

A/N: I'm trying something new today: SONGFIC!!!💖💖💖 I was listening to Two by Sleeping At Last and couldn't resist so...enjoy!🥰

(Songfic will be in the end)

10. How It All Played Out

"I know of no greater happiness

Then to be with you all the time,

Without interruption, without end."

-Franz Kafka

....... ........ ....... ........ ........ ........ ........

Rumors had circulated about the new student who was in the same year as you, though he in a different class. The girls found him attractive, but he also had an intimidating air about him, according to their words. They suspected the tattoo he had running up his neck contributed to why people were weary of him, plus he had transferred in halfway through the school year, making the students speculate as to why that was.

So when he entered your classroom one morning and came straight to your desk, you were confused and wondering what his intentions were.

"(l/n)-chan, Can you help me with this sentence?"

"Sure," you answered carefully and moved your seat a bit so he could sit next to you," I've never seen you around before, are you new here?"

"Oh, you don't remember me?" He seemed happy that you had asked, and you shook your head while smiling apologetically. "Well, we didn't get close or anything after all. My name's Hanemiya Kazutora, do you remember now?"

The moment the words left his mouth your face turned pale, making him laugh, and you quickly shook your head as you mustered up a smile.

"Oh, Kazutora-kun?" Your voice was strained as you tried to keep the smile on your face," Nice to meet you."

"You too. Tell me, (l/n)-chan, are you close with Mikey? I tried to ask Baji, but he didn't answer. Told me to ask you myself so, here I am."

"Well...not really?" Wincing when your response came out as a question, Kazutora laughed once again.

"Really?" He leaned forward, awfully close to your face now," I find that hard to believe."

Opening your mouth, you closed it again when no words came out. Kazutora was looking at you expectantly as you debated with yourself on what to say to him. Draken and the others had mentioned passingly once or twice about how much Kazutora hated Mikey, so you weren't sure how to react at this moment.

Now that you thought about it, you could faintly remember some of your friends mentioning his name in whispered conversation the past few months, though no one brought him up in front of everyone. They probably didn't inform you about his release from juvie since they were trying to keep what had happened in the past, and they probably weren't aware of the fact that he'd be in the same school as you.

How dangerous was Kazutora? Should you be worried? He did kill someone before, Mikey's brother to be exact, even though it had been by accident. That in itself made you wary of him as well, though for completely different reasons than everyone else.

"(l/n)-chan! Someone's here for you!" Asahi, your classmate, called from the front of the classroom and both you and Kazutora's head snapped up.

Takemichi was standing there and you sighed in relief, glad that you could escape this situation. You hurried to your feet and practically ran to the door, hoping that Kazutora would leave you alone after this.