Chapter 19

A/N: So, school has been dragging me down and burning me out these days. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get through it? I'm this close to having a full-on breakdown 😭

Other than that, I was finally able to update so, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Feel free to vote and comment! 💖💖💖

19. A Few Turns Away

"I have learned now that while

 Those who speak about one's 

Miseries usually hurt, those 

Who keep silence hurt more."

  - C.S. Lewis

...... ...... ...... ...... ....... ...... .......

'My sister's told me about you before,' Shoto spoke as he drove you to Yukimura's house,' You're in the same class with her. Suzuki Yua, know her?'

'Not really,' you searched through your mind for her,' Are you sure we're in the same class? I'm sure I would've noticed her if we were.'

'I'm sure you are, but it's not that surprising,' Shoto laughed,' She has a way of blending in with the background.'

'Oh, well then, I'll look out for her on Monday. She seems nice.'

 'She is, just a little too shy. Take care of her for me, would you? I'm not sure if she's made friends yet.'

'Sure, it's the least I can do for you after...that day.'

'That was nothing,' he came to a stop in front of Yukimura's house,' I'm glad I was there that day, to look after you.'

You returned his smile as you got off,' Do you want to come in? Maybe for a cup of water? I don't think they'd mind.'

'Water sounds great if they won't mind,' he grinned as he placed the stand on his motorcycle,' Just for a quick minute.'

The quick minute turned into five when he met Yukimura and then turned into fifteen when Akihiko and (f/n) arrived.

'I knew that something like this would happen to you one day,' (f/n) looked at Yukimura up and down before she sat down beside you. 'If you had called upon the aliens to help you, they might've come, but you don't believe in them so-'

'Geez, that was three years ago! Let it go already!'

'But Yukimura-kun, how did you get mixed up in a Toman fight?' You finally voiced your question, and he laughed.

'You see, I was out with Chifuyu and his friend, Takemicchi-kun I think, when some guys came running up. They said some guys from another gang, Tenjiku if I'm not mistaken, were chasing them. Then those guys appeared and beat us up...that's all, I think. I mean, I fell unconscious so...I wouldn't know.'

Your friends began teasing him, but Shoto turned towards you with a look you couldn't decipher on his face.

'I think I heard about them before,' he frowned,' They're a new gang, and they have Shion Madarame and even the Haitani brothers with them.'

'Is that a bad thing?' You asked. You had heard about the Haitanis before, but not Madarame. 

Shoto answered your question with a nod, about to say something when the door slammed open and Ikeda Manjiro entered the room.

'I'm here!'

'SENPAI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!' You, Yukimura, (f/n) and Akihiko screamed in shock, looking at the three plastic bags filled with snacks in his hands.