Chapter 29

A/N: A kinda late update guys, sorry(⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠)

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it took me longer than expected to write it and the manga played out different than how I remembered it to have played out:,(

But it's finally done, so feel free to vote and comment, it makes it much more enjoyable for me to write knowing I get to read all your silly little reactions. I just love whatever you guys have to say about it✨✨✨

See you next week<3

29. For The Ones You Care About

"I was fifteen when you left
And I have been
Fifteen eversince."
-sk
....... ....... ....... ....... ....... .......

"Takemichi won't be free for a few hours," Draken informed you as he made his way over to the bike he had been previously working on.

"Has he visited much these days?"

The blonde glanced back at you, furrowing his brows as he shrugged.

"Is something wrong? You're acting strange," he narrowed his eyes, and you slowly shook your head when your phone started ringing.

Checking the caller ID, your breath caught in your throat for a second as your eyes scanned "Manjiro⊂⁠(⁠'⁠・⁠◡⁠・⁠⊂⁠ ⁠)⁠∘⁠˚⁠˳⁠°" written across the screen.

"Hello?"

"(y/n), are you almost here?" His voice sounded a lot younger than when you last heard.

"Where?" You glanced over at Draken, who was still looking at you curiously.

"At the cafe. You're kinda really late."

Familiar voices could be heard in the background, some you hadn't heard in a long time, and your heart fastened it's pace excitedly.

"I'll be right there," you hurried to your feet and ended the call. "Kenchin, I'll be back by three!"

"What's happening now?" He sighed as you rushed towards the door. "Hey! Your bag, idiot! And don't forget, we're going for a test drive later."

You made an U-turn and grabbed your belongings before rushing out the door again. Hailing the first taxi you saw, you told the driver your destination and sat down.

There had been a small cafe you used to hang out with your friends from school back then, you were pretty sure that was the same place they were waiting for you at this very moment.

Releasing a breath, you thought about your predicament to kill time before arriving at the cafe. It was clear now, as you checked the calendar on your phone which read June 6th, 2008, that this was ten years back into the past.

Around this time you had just graduated from high school, and everyone was trying to enjoy the few weeks they had before it would be time to get serious again.

The taxi came to a stop outside a small building that has glass windows and potted plants around the walls and beside the door. Stepping outside, you paid the driver and turned to enter the cafe.

As soon as you opened the door you could hear voices as the smell of coffee and pastries wafted through the air, and you scanned the faces of your friends as they sat at a far-off corner table.