Chapter 25

A/N: Hello, I'm finally back after a long time!! And things are finally progressing towards the end, so it's bound to get interesting! Wheeeee❤❤❤

25. The Ugly Truth

"My eyes ache with the

Weight of unshed tears.

You are my home,

Do you not understand?"

-Amy Lowell

...... ...... ....... ....... ......

"I'm so sorry Hina! I shouldn't have slapped him!" You bowed in front of the most shocked girl the world had probably ever seen.

You had gone to Takemichi's apartment to apologize to him but he wasn't there, so you had decided to check on Hina's place instead.

It turned out that he wasn't there either, Hina mentioning that he had gone with the others to dig up the Time Capsule Toman had buried years back. You had smiled a little at the memory, regretting passing up their invitation to go there as well, before having apologized.

"Don't, (y/n)-senpai!" Hina smiled and waved her hand in embarrassment, adding," I slapped Mikey-kun once too so, consider it even!"

Both of you cracked up at that and Hina invited you in, making you sit down on her couch as she went into the kitchen to grab something for you both to drink.

"Besides, Mikey-kun changed after Takemichi left, didn't he?" She said as she came back, placing the cold drinks on the coffee table. "And I heard you still stayed with him for months after that to help him and his grandpa get used to their new situation, and that it was Mikey-kun who pushed you away..."

Hina suddenly slapped a hand over her mouth," I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said all that!"

"No, it's alright." you shook your head," And that's true. I couldn't take it anymore in the end though, and Mikey wasn't really helping either so...But Manjiro was there for me and he helped me through everything, and the rest of you really helped too."

Hina offered you a kind smile as she came to sit beside you, remote control in hand.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, why don't we watch some cheesy rom-com to pass time?"

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆*: .。. .。.:*☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

Opening the door to your apartment, you walked in to see Manjiro's coat already hanging on the coat rack and smiled to yourself as you recalled your plans to have dinner together tonight.

Hanging your coat next to his, you hummed as you made your way to the kitchen and spotted a note that he had left you.

I noticed that some ingredients were missing for tonight,

So I'm going out to buy them. Be back in a few<3

Also, would you mind starting to prep with the stuff available before I come back?

-Manjiro^3^

P.s: Takemichi-kun dropped something off for you before I left.

It'll be in the top cabinet where we keep the keys.

You opened said cabinet and found a black plastic bag, its contents being a note from Takemichi and a tape.