Chapter 26

A/N: Has it been two years already? Whaaaaa? *Slowly and awkwardly backs away while avoiding making contact with all of your eyes*

Feel free to vote and comment, it means a lot to me(⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥

26. Drastic Changes

"Incase you ever foolishly
forget:
I am never not thinking
about you."
-Virginia Woolf
....... ....... ...... ...... .......

"So...what now?" Kazutora asked as you made your way towards his apartment, a long day spent following leads on Bonten ending with no result.

"We still have some more leads to follow," you said thoughtfully," But they were the ones we kept as a last course of action cause they didn't seem that plausible."

"I have someone else who agreed to meet me tomorrow, maybe that'll help us in our search..."

Kazutora trailed off as he noticed the presence of someone waiting at his door for the both of you, and you almost did a 180° turn when you saw what he was holding in his hand.

"Don't try to run away, (y/n)," Draken stopped you and you froze, wincing. "I watched this. Manjiro did too. Can we talk about it?"

"You did what?" Your eyes snapped towards him, "And why would you let Manjiro watch it?"

"It was already in the player and we didn't know what it was about. We just wanted to find out what made you act that way."

Neither you or Kazutora made a move to answer him, making Draken sigh.

"Have you told your parents?" He asked you," Who else knows about this?"

"No, I haven't told them, and I don't know how many people know about this."

A few seconds of awkward, heavy silence followed again as Tora shifted uncomfortably, then he made his way forward and finally unlocked his front door.

"Why don't you guys come in first?"

You and Draken nodded slowly as you followed him inside and sat down on the sofa of his living room.

"How's Manjiro?" You said quietly after some time, and you noticed how Draken tensed up slightly when you did.

"He's confused. Mostly about the whole time travel thing, but he's also wondering what your plan is, or what you're trying to do now, and so am I." Draken lifted the cassette tape to eye level as he continued," You receive a message from Mikey from twelve years ago, and then you break up with your boyfriend. How is that going to help you? You're not...you can't be considering trying to reach out to him, are you?"

You swallowed the lump in your throat as you thought about how to answer his question.

"In the video, Mikey said--"

"Mikey from twelve years ago,(y/n). And I don't recall him mentioning anything about wanting you to help him."

"He didn't have to say it out loud, it was obvious even if he hadn't," you snapped shortly.

"Maybe he's changed his mind now."

"Maybe, maybe not."

"So what are you trying to do?"

"I--," you trailed off, avoiding his gaze," The first thing to do is to find him."

"Do you have any idea how crazy you sound right now?" Draken leaned forward," Mikey is head of the most dangerous criminal organisation in Japan, that should make anyone realise he should not be associated with in any way."